MO and the original data folders

freddagg

Thanks IsharaMeradin,

Yes it can get meshes from inside MO's structure but textures will not show in NifScope because the BSlightingShaderProperty in the nif file is not looking for textures inside MO's data structure, it is looking at the original game path.

I could duplicate the game path elswhere and unpack the BSA textures into that and set it as an alternative directory in NifScope. Haven't tried that yet - might work.

That does work. Its what I did even before using MO since NifSkope cannot look into the BSA files.

Yep, that worked ok but still Mod Organiser takes over anything I do. After a lot of trials (an entire day), nothing I did made the alterations in the game data folder work so it looks as though MO does not even look at stuff (meshes/textures) in the data folder.

Have decided to install the mods I want directly into the game so I can work with them, remove them from MO and just use MO to test new mods. MO is really very good however it is a pain in the butt when it comes to taking bits of some mods you want to alter and some you want to keep as is and some bits you don't want at all. Much easier to rename a folders to prevent overwrite than to work in MO's data file system. Now working directly in the game data structure.

Thanks for all the input.

Edited by freddagg