Skyrim 1.2 patch

MorwynKelm

Such a shame these patches are so fail. I am fortunate, though. My Windows 7 is set to make restore points once a week. The MOMENT that first patch screwed my original .exe, I right clicked my skyrim folder, went down to properties, then clicked the "previous versions" tab at the top of that window.

I opened up my "ghost" folder from the previous week and copied the original .exe out. I have never let steam go online one time since. I play the game in its original, unadultered state and enjoy it perfectly. Not a single crash in any form for the past week, I launch right from the .exe, etc. Mods work flawlessly, the game works flawlessly.

I'm honestly baffled by the release of these patches...what exactly are they trying to fix in this game that runs absolutely flawlessly for me on a SIX YEAR OLD RIG?? I use an 8800gts with an e6600 dual core and 4 gigs of ram. This computer was "cutting edge" when oblivion came out, hehe. It runs skyrim perfectly with every setting right in the middle. Again, what are these lame patches for? Leave us alone and let the dedicated modders fix the game, beth/steam.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the patch did not fix the mouse issues for me. so i deleted the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini files and let the game create new ones, and the mouse seemed to work normally after that, but with the horrid mouse lag again. so i went ahead and tweaked the ini files again to remove the mouse lag, but now its broken the sensitivity again. x axis is 4 times as sensitive as y axis when im standing still, but when im running they equal out. also, if i draw my weapon they even out, but as soon as i sheathe it, it breaks again. Anyone else have this?

edit: i also just realised its only broken if i use 3rd person view. if i go to first person view it works fine.

edit 2: also, when i draw my bow the problem reverses. with a drawn bow, its y axis thats much more sensitive, instead of x.

this is really retarded

Edited by nubblet

My game worked perfectly -before- this patch, now it crashes randomly, and sometimes doesn't load textures properly (the problem this patch was apparently supposed to fix)

hi guys!

i had a lot of crash since i installed the game and i hoped that patch 1.2 fix something but it's even worse now...someone know something that can fix the problem? even a mod if you know a home made fix that work...i play for an hour or so and than i return to desktop...it's a graet game but like this it's hard to have fun