How to add bashed tags for leveled lists?

Edit: WAIT! You should probably check if you even need any tags. Rebuild the Bashed Patch with your mod active, and then check the relevant leveled lists in the Bashed Patch with TES4Edit. The general readme ( http://wrye-bash.github.io/docs/Wrye%20Bash%20General%20Readme.html#patch ) gives the expression as if it automatically merged something (like added items?). If that is the case, maybe you do not need any tags. The tags that are available for leveled lists actually look a bit odd, at least if adding items to a leveled list. Deleting from a list (Delev) looks like it does not fit for adding items, and releveling (Relev) is not something that sounds like "merge additions". So you should first check if Wrye Bash automatically merges the additions. Chances are it does. I have never really thought about it much... :blush:

But if you still need to add a tag or two, the easiest way would be to add it to the description of the esp file, if you use Wrye Bash, that is (well... right). If you have the Unofficial Oblivion Patch installed, you can see the description of it for an excellent example. For example the Delev and Relev tags (if I remember correctly):

{{BASH:Delev,Relev}}

And remember to save the changes. The bottom section below the master order in the right hand side panel should list your new tags, and they should be noted by Wrye Bash when building a Bashed Patch. If you have not yet done it (or if someone else reads this and is about to add some tags), it might be handy to read the notes about Bash Tags in the readme, to understand what the tags do and all that: http://wrye-bash.github.io/docs/Wrye%20Bash%20Advanced%20Readme.html#patch-tags

But I would still double-check without the tags, because they might not even be necessary. Hopefully someone else can help you more.

Edited by Contrathetix

The bottom section below the master order in the right hand side panel should list your new tags,

You can also add the tags (or remove them) directly by "right-clicking" in this section, then select the tags you want. They will automatically be added to the esp.

Edited by bevilex

You can also add the tags (or remove them) directly by "right-clicking" in this section, then select the tags you want. They will automatically be added to the esp.

But to they stick? When I last tried it, I think they did not remain permanently on the .esp file. For example when removing and then re-adding it after some time. Adding the tags in the description was the only permanent solution I could find. Or maybe there is something I have missed.

But to they stick? When I last tried it, I think they did not remain permanently on the .esp file. For example when removing and then re-adding it after some time. Adding the tags in the description was the only permanent solution I could find. Or maybe there is something I have missed.

The tags added by right clicking in this section will stick yes (depends on what you mean by stick ^^). When I close Wrye Bash and open it, the tags are still here, and taken into account when rebuilding the bashed patch (I use Wrye Bash 306 Standalone).

But, If I add the new tags to the .esp, then uninstall the mod with Wrye Bash, then install it again, in this case yes, I get the original .esp, without the new tags added.

Edited by bevilex

Hmm. As it happens, I am no longer sure myself, either. I need to test it when I have my desktop up and running again. :happy:

I was thinking like this:

• install one esp file, then add Bash Tags to it with the right-click menu, close Wrye Bash
  • move that esp file elsewhere
  • launch Wrye Bash again, then close it (to make it notice the absence of the esp file)
  • move that esp file back (as in, the one that received the tags)
  • launch Wrye Bash, and see if the esp file still has the tag(s)

I was just curious as to how Wrye Bash saves the tags of an individual esp file. Since there is probably no space in an esp file's structure for saving the tags in a dedicated "slot" the same way as the author names and such are stored (considering how they are something created by a third party tool that is not official), where would it permanently store them on the esp file itself, if not in the description slot (the thing I meant with "stick")? Saving them in the description would work, so WB could parse them from it, and that is how it works. But when not saving the tags inside the description, could it be that there is no place to store them in the esp file itself? If so, then the tags that are not in the description would probaby need to kept in an external storage of sorts with esp file names and tags (or something like that). And when the tags are in an external storage, they will not be on the esp file itself, so they will not "stick" when packing the mod up and distributing it. And if there is an external storage, then, assuming WB carries out management on it, the tags for an esp file that has "disappeared" would not be there when it "reappears". Maybe?

But that is just an idea, based on pure speculation. :huh:

Edited by Contrathetix