AMA with Robin Scott - Tuesday 6th September

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #42025090.

Dogflesh wrote:

Hey there Dark0ne,

Recently I was blacklisted from your website, because i had a second account. I made my second account because my first was banned for "trollish behavior" (which I am very sorry for my behavior) I had to make the second account because every time i tried to use the forums/modpage i would get locked out of everything.I didn't see ANYWHERE that i couldn't have a second account and when i tried to ban appeal i was blacklisted. I dont know if you are gonna read this or if you are just gonna ban me again because that seems to be the recurring theme for this website but I only made my second account so i can appeal the first one. I hope that some way i can get my first account back to i can continue working on the mods i spent so much time making. It saddens me that i have to use a proxy just to use a website that hosts my hobbies.

Second accounts not being allowed is listed clearly in the ToS, something which you agree to when you sign up.

Much like everyone else on earth I don't read the ENTIRE TOS.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #42023585. #42024420, #42024715 are all replies on the same post.

SamusKnight2K wrote: YES! At long last my burning questions to Robin can be answered! For ages I've pondered perhaps the biggest mystery of all, so big that I lie awake at night pondering it.

What does Robin put on his toast in the morning?

But wait, what if he doesn't EAT toast? GASP! I... I feel faint.

All joking aside this is an awesome idea, I'm sure people have a lot of questions about the Nexus, about the team, and the future of the site. Probably even that question about his toast preferences. Thanks for doing this AMA Robin!
qwertyzeldar wrote: well im thinking of asking about what he thinks of bacon. as he isnt an American i wonder if he knows what that is? :D
SamusKnight2K wrote: Bacon is love, bacon is life.

All life flows from that one strip of bacon, and all life returns to that one strip. Said the old prophecies from the bacon gods. Ye shall feast of bacon until the bacon accepts you. And when the bacon gods descend upon this world all will be blessed with bacon breath, and life will be complete.

Damnit now I want bacon...

These are the sort of hard hitting questions I'm afraid of. Lots of sleepless nights until Tuesday, now.

You apparently didn't read much of it at all... This section is quite early:

Understanding our terms of service and rules

These are the terms and conditions that apply to your use of any current and future services offered by Nexus Mods and any associated websites. These terms are available for perusal without registration, when you register, as well as when you perform certain actions on the site (such as posting files, images or comments) where you are explicitly prompted to acknowledge that you have read and understood these rules each time. If you signal your acknowledgement without actually reading through these terms and conditions you do so at your own risk. Ignorance of our rules is not an excuse and we will take you at your word when you click the ‘I understand’ or ‘I agree’ boxes when registering or performing actions on these sites that you have actually read and understood these rules. As such, any breach of these rules by yourself will have been done with your explicit understanding of our rules and ergo will be entirely your own fault, and not ours. We have very little respect for people who claim they did not know our rules. It’s not an excuse and simply confirms the fact that when you clicked those I agree or I understand boxes that you infact did not agree, or did not understand, and ergo, were lying. Once again, thats your fault and not ours.

We reserve the right to change these Terms of Service at any time. It is the sole responsibility of members to keep up-to-date with the terms of service. Major amendments to the rules will be clearly announced on Nexus sites and on the forums.

If you are struggling to understand our terms of service or rules and require further clarification a member of staff will be happy to help. You can either contact users in the Moderator or Admin member group or use the Contact Us links available on the sites.

- and further down, at the bottom of the page:

Unban appeals

Banned members may appeal their ban by using the unban appeal form. You should note, however, that the processing of the unban appeal may take some time as at least three members of the staff need to vote for either reinstatement or upholding the ban before the final verdict is delivered. It can take anywhere from hours to days. Unban appeals from banned members who decide not to wait for the verdict and create a new account will be automatically rejected without any further options to appeal, and the staff will make every effort to ensure that they are blocked from using Nexus permanently.

In response to post #42029330.

Dogflesh wrote:

Dogflesh wrote:

Hey there Dark0ne,
Recently I was blacklisted from your website, because i had a second account. I made my second account because my first was banned for "trollish behavior" (which I am very sorry for my behavior) I had to make the second account because every time i tried to use the forums/modpage i would get locked out of everything.I didn't see ANYWHERE that i couldn't have a second account and when i tried to ban appeal i was blacklisted. I dont know if you are gonna read this or if you are just gonna ban me again because that seems to be the recurring theme for this website but I only made my second account so i can appeal the first one. I hope that some way i can get my first account back to i can continue working on the mods i spent so much time making. It saddens me that i have to use a proxy just to use a website that hosts my hobbies.

Second accounts not being allowed is listed clearly in the ToS, something which you agree to when you sign up.

Not reading the TOS for this site? Well why should I feel sorry, and already created a second account because you got banned on the first. Do you understand the pattern smartass?

Dogflesh wrote:

Dogflesh wrote:

Hey there Dark0ne,

Not reading the TOS for this site? Well why should I feel sorry, and already created a second account because you got banned on the first. Do you understand the pattern smartass?

so you're trying to tell me that you read the entire TOS? I find it hard to believe, I haven't met a single human being that actually reads the goddamn thing. Most people just scroll to the bottom so they dont have to read s#*!. Sorry that this site has admins/moderators that "get off" on banning people for sharing their perspectives. I just want to be able to post my mods for others to play not go through drama because I corrected someones grammar.

I just want to be able to post my mods for others to play not go through drama because I corrected someones grammar.

Rule for that too...

No grammar correcting

Nexus members hail from all walks of life and from different countries around the world so nitpicking on other users less than perfect grammar or spelling is not welcome.

Although, if your original account was banned then you'd have had to done a bit more than just act the grammar nazi, as it'd take a fair few occasions for that behaviour to even warrant a warning of some sort - unless you had been really offensive about it.

In response to post #42031025.

Dogflesh wrote:

Dogflesh wrote:

Dogflesh wrote:

Hey there Dark0ne,

so you're trying to tell me that you read the entire TOS? I find it hard to believe, I haven't met a single human being that actually reads the goddamn thing. Most people just scroll to the bottom so they dont have to read s#*!. Sorry that this site has admins/moderators that "get off" on banning people for sharing their perspectives. I just want to be able to post my mods for others to play not go through drama because I corrected someones grammar.

Actually I have read the TOS many times over the years because nexus have a habit of updating it, and it is always a good reminder what and whatnot is allowed on nexus.
You should try it also, that way you might last longer on this site so you actually will be able to upload a mod to this site.

In response to post #42006545. #42007195 is also a reply to the same post.

Oubliette wrote:

Oh I'm so sorry I misrepresented your numbers in ignorance that really throws everything else I had to say right out the window. I can see it's a point of pride and it's obvious I hurt yours if that's enough to make everything else seem completely unimportant.

The old chat wasn't capable of supporting more than 40 or so people without suffering horrible lag. That doesn't mean more people didn't want to use it, simply that it wasn't possible to really accommodate those numbers. I'll give discord that, it definitely hasn't flinched with numbers growing ever larger and never seeming to decrease despite people needing to do things like sleep, eat, work and go to school but I'm sure that's just me being ignorant on how the chat works again.

Use @staff or ping staff directly with @Dark (for example, to ping me) and the staff will be notified they've been mentioned. It's as simple as that.

You thought the old chat was full of cliques and lots of unnecessary reporting but you want the new chat to ping you directly whenever there's an issue and this is somehow going to increase your enjoyment. I don't see it at all but it's your baby raise it however you want. Just don't be surprised when some people think your kid has no manners and they don't want to spend any time with it.

Dark0ne wrote: Okie dokie!

@Oubliette

Cliques exist everywhere. And if discord is a haven for modders to chat, yeah, you are bound to run into cliques. It is what it is. I personally don't associate with that kind of stuff. I don't mind a chat room. But I stay away from elitist groups. They are not worth the time and endorsement of their mods.

In response to post #42006545. #42007195, #42034580 are all replies on the same post.

Oubliette wrote:

Oh I'm so sorry I misrepresented your numbers in ignorance that really throws everything else I had to say right out the window. I can see it's a point of pride and it's obvious I hurt yours if that's enough to make everything else seem completely unimportant.

The old chat wasn't capable of supporting more than 40 or so people without suffering horrible lag. That doesn't mean more people didn't want to use it, simply that it wasn't possible to really accommodate those numbers. I'll give discord that, it definitely hasn't flinched with numbers growing ever larger and never seeming to decrease despite people needing to do things like sleep, eat, work and go to school but I'm sure that's just me being ignorant on how the chat works again.

Use @staff or ping staff directly with @Dark (for example, to ping me) and the staff will be notified they've been mentioned. It's as simple as that.

You thought the old chat was full of cliques and lots of unnecessary reporting but you want the new chat to ping you directly whenever there's an issue and this is somehow going to increase your enjoyment. I don't see it at all but it's your baby raise it however you want. Just don't be surprised when some people think your kid has no manners and they don't want to spend any time with it.

Dark0ne wrote: Okie dokie!
endgameaddiction wrote: @Oubliette

Cliques exist everywhere. And if discord is a haven for modders to chat, yeah, you are bound to run into cliques. It is what it is. I personally don't associate with that kind of stuff. I don't mind a chat room. But I stay away from elitist groups. They are not worth the time and endorsement of their mods.

This is as much the truth for mods and modding as in real life peoples and cliques.

And no, it's not really worth it. Edited by Rethrain

In response to post #42023585. #42024420, #42024715, #42030305 are all replies on the same post.

SamusKnight2K wrote: YES! At long last my burning questions to Robin can be answered! For ages I've pondered perhaps the biggest mystery of all, so big that I lie awake at night pondering it.

What does Robin put on his toast in the morning?

But wait, what if he doesn't EAT toast? GASP! I... I feel faint.

All joking aside this is an awesome idea, I'm sure people have a lot of questions about the Nexus, about the team, and the future of the site. Probably even that question about his toast preferences. Thanks for doing this AMA Robin!
qwertyzeldar wrote: well im thinking of asking about what he thinks of bacon. as he isnt an American i wonder if he knows what that is? :D
SamusKnight2K wrote: Bacon is love, bacon is life.

All life flows from that one strip of bacon, and all life returns to that one strip. Said the old prophecies from the bacon gods. Ye shall feast of bacon until the bacon accepts you. And when the bacon gods descend upon this world all will be blessed with bacon breath, and life will be complete.

Damnit now I want bacon...
Dark0ne wrote: These are the sort of hard hitting questions I'm afraid of. Lots of sleepless nights until Tuesday, now.

All hail the bacon!

See, this supports my theory that we are all descendants of the kids from Lord of the Flies!

And porridge... perhaps there's porridge involved in Robin's morning culinary behaviour. Then, what sort of porridge would he eat?

Damn, now I'm going to lay awake at night!