Nexus Mods site background images and structure not loading properly

wagmainis

Hello everyone. I am new here. Kind of my first ever forum post anywhere. I don't know on which discussion I should post this topic in and this is the only one I found that I could post a new topic so I apologize in advance if this is not the correct place to put this in.

With that said, if I am in the wrong place I would very much appreciate it if you pointed me on the right direction. I really don't know how to navigate through the forums. I am as certifiably noob as certifiable noobs can be. haha.

Anywhoo, on to my dilemma; the nexus mods website.

It seems that the background images on the nexusmods websites are not loading properly. As in the structure of the whole site just loads up as barebone words. I attached sample pictures.

I tried:

1.) Accessing the sites on a different browser (same issue.)

2.) Checking my internet connection if it is sufficient (it is btw. I can load a 720p video on Youtube without choking.)

3.) Restarting the modem (maybe my internet connection is the problem?)

4.) Confirmed that other websites are working properly (youtube, 9gag, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, Fallout Wikia, Witcher Wikia, research purpose sites, etc.) to ensure that the issue is not with my internet connection.

What could be the possible causes of the problem? Are there any steps that I can do to isolate the issue?

I read on a forum post from way back 2013 (I believe), that something like this happened when Nexus was moving or changing servers (I think). Could that be it? Is Nexus under maintenance? I tried searching on Google but no topic comes up confirming or denying that Nexus is under maintenance.

Again, I apologize in advance if I am posting on the wrong discussion or board or idrk what it's called (please don't lynch me. I might enjoy it too much. jk. please forgive me.)

Please point me on the right direction. Thank you in advance to anyone who would answer.

Judging by your user name, we come from the same country. Lol. Same thing is happening to me. I dont even know how it happened. I think it began around aug 31 or sept 1. And just like you, ive been searching for sites or forums that can confirm if the site is down for maintenance.

So far, ive learned that the site doesnt show on any computers in my house. Ive got 2 windows computers and a mac. It only works on my ios phone. Our big problem is, i can tell from my phone that the site is running pretty well. There are tons of new mods available which means other people can load it properly. Oh well. I'll follow this topic until someone shows us a way out of this crap

Edited by mdcem

Just a friendly suggestion for both of you guys --

You'll have a lot more chance of getting some help if you put your questions in the Feedback, Suggestions, and Questions section of News, Rules, and Feedback, instead of here in The Lounge, which is for just about anything except site-related stuff.

Wagmainis, since you began it, you can ask a moderator actually to move your topic over to the right forum, rather than making it there a second time.

Wagmainis, yeah i think its the ISP. I saw on their twitter account that they are experiencing technical issues around NCR. This shall pass. In the meantime, just load the page using your phone's hotspot(globe works for me). Then when you're on the "files" of the mod you want to download, just switch back to your wifi before you click download. Otherwise, it will eat up your data. Anyway, if this crapness from our ISP still persists til next week, you can do what bess said or lets just subscribe to another ISP lol Edited by mdcem

Alright. Thank you guys for replying.

Problem is, I'm connected via LAN cable and I don't have any other options. Still, I will keep those suggestions in mind. Hopefully this gets fixed by the ISP.

Again, thank you guys. I will be more vigilant in my topic postings from now on. :)