Skyrim battle music wont stop playing.

SuperMajinGogeta4

hi everyone, im new to this forum. just signed me up quick to help you fellas out with this battlemusic bug.

i have found a fix for this.

if this problem occurd because of the battle in whiterun or any other civil war battle, simply type this in the console: "removemusic MUScombatcivilwar"

this will remove the music from the script and for example if you are in a tavern, the usual tavern music will start playing again.

hope this help all of you guys. good luck!

Edited by Leurelle

• 1 month later...

hi everyone, im new to this forum. just signed me up quick to help you fellas out with this battlemusic bug.

i have found a fix for this.

if this problem occurd because of the battle in whiterun or any other civil war battle, simply type this in the console: "removemusic MUScombatcivilwar"

this will remove the music from the script and for example if you are in a tavern, the usual tavern music will start playing again.

hope this help all of you guys. good luck!

Oh God, It worked!!! I do really appreciate this! I was about to get completely mad!

Thank you very much :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Had the same problem, but I found an easy fix.

just make sure you have an auto safe after you had a manual/quick safe.

If you start attacking anything after you had the auto save, just let anything kill you, and wait until you will automaticly load your last save, this will be the auto save, and your constant battle-music is gone.

this worked for me, I hope it will work for any of you aswell.

I have the same problem. I think it has to do with something that happened in the game...

*SPOILER*

I was helping the Stormcloacks attack Whiterun and was already inside the city. I was running past my house, when I had the idea to try to take a quick nap, so I could heal quickly without using my potions. It was possible for me to go to sleep for an hour, but when I awoke... Astrid from the Dark Brotherhood was standing over me. Now I had to complete the quest where I decide which of the three prisoners to kill. I was far away from Whiterun... Suddenly, I received notification that the quest for attacking Whiterun was completed, and so I was able to proceed with the Dark Brotherhood quest.

*SPOILER*

Unfortunately, the battle music that was playing in Whiterun then never stopped. I'm now much further into the game, so going back to an old save game file is not possible. I hope there is some other way to fix this, because while turning down the music volume is possible, I'd much rather have the music playing normally and listen to tracks other than the battle music.

That's where my issue began. I have a mod that enables everyone to die (So I knew it could be a quest breaker) and I was in the battle for Whiterun. I couldn't get the Jarl to surrender becuase he kept dying so I killed him. Advanced the quest stage. turned it in (the whole time battle music was still playing) and then went back and rez'd the Jarl. Now even when I exit the game and start it back up the game constantly plays battle music. Is there a console command to end combat?

• 2 weeks later...

If this occured during, For example, The battle for Whiterun, Or another Civil war battle, for that matter, This is all you'll have to do:

Type "removemusic MUScombatcivilwar" in the Console.

And don't forget to save, Exit and Restart if you want Achievements because if you use the console, The Steam achievements are disabled for that session IIRC.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey Everyone I think I have the solution or at least it works for me every time. Whenever I notice that it is stuck I make my character wait for 1 hour

for autosave purposes not sure what else it would do. Then I open console select myself (000000014) and type (stopcombat) wait 1 minute then (tcl) no clipping then (kill) all in order and without the parenthesis. The it automatically loads last save without battle music playing after watching character fly threw the game border floor. It Works for me every time I run Dawngaurd, Dragonborn, and Gareth npc from shadowtiger

with the latest official patch. Let me know if it worked for anyone else.

Windows 7 Ultimate AMD graphics and ATI audio processor.(very low settings)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...