Nuka World, Raiders and the Minutemen (Preston)

Innocenceislost

Hello there.

The following post contains spoilers for those who as of yet, did not complete Nuka World.

The issue is the following:

I only completed the Minutemen questline until Preston sent me to help a settlement (Oberland Station), before turning in i started the Nuka World DLC and completed its main storyline.

I had prepared for an instant fight, but upon returning to sanctuary, Preston didn't attack me, and when i aprroached him he was just disappointed and angry.

He is no longer aviable as a follower, i think, and also, the only conversation i can initiate with him is about raiding.

He insists that i should redeem myself by killing the Raiders i helped set up bases, and thats that.

I can't progress any quests, etc, regarding the Minutemen. I'd love to have artillery and The Castle, as well as building better settlements but it doesnt seem like i 'll have the chance.

Can anyone help me with this? Any suggestions?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there.

The following post contains spoilers for those who as of yet, did not complete Nuka World.

The issue is the following:

I only completed the Minutemen questline until Preston sent me to help a settlement (Oberland Station), before turning in i started the Nuka World DLC and completed its main storyline.

I had prepared for an instant fight, but upon returning to sanctuary, Preston didn't attack me, and when i aprroached him he was just disappointed and angry.

He is no longer aviable as a follower, i think, and also, the only conversation i can initiate with him is about raiding.

He insists that i should redeem myself by killing the Raiders i helped set up bases, and thats that.

I can't progress any quests, etc, regarding the Minutemen. I'd love to have artillery and The Castle, as well as building better settlements but it doesnt seem like i 'll have the chance.

Can anyone help me with this? Any suggestions?

sadly if you have to save your relationship with preston, you have to kill all the raiders. But it's really sad we can't conquer the nuka world with the minutemen.

Preston and by extension the Minutemen -should- take issue with the player helping the Raiders. Since they are after all against everything the Minutemen stand for. I dislike the way that the game itself handles this distinction. Going from whatever affinity you are at with Preston to -1100 and him completely refusing anything else and stating your friendship is over without any recourse on the players behalf is completely retarded. You could straight up murder someone in his company and lose LESS affinity then him hearing you strong armed a settlement (even IF you talked or even BOUGHT the lands from them) and that makes no sense.

Aww hell no. I 'm really hoping there is a mod in the making to fix this.... this is a really big issue :/

There really is nothing to -fix-. Minutemen: Good guys, all about standing up against raiders and stuff like that. Raiders: Give me your crap or die. The Minutemen sure aint gona be all buddy buddy about you raiding the people they stand up for.

It would be awesome if you could take Nuka World with the minutemen, but I'm more disappointed that you can't destroy the institute with the raiders.

honestly both of these options should have come with this DLC, it doesn't seem like it would have taken that much to implement.

Edited by thrax7545

not having played, not looking to spoil for myself, but having an idea...
does it matter particularly etc, did nuka world raiders actually do anything beyond what a particularly mean settlement might do themselves?
sometimes not making the cancer spill out from one place, into the entire internet, is better than a minor victory against the for-chong