Nuka World, Raiders and the Minutemen (Preston)

Innocenceislost

And totally ruin the DLC.

It wasn't broken why did someone have to do this :sad:

It is about choices.

If you cant deal with that play something else don't ruin it.

Well, I can't speak for the others, but can tell you why *I* am going to use that mod. Because the game was already broken for me. No matter what choices I make in my head or in the dialogues, I CAN'T place raider banners.

I can go TGM and place one, but it actually disappears after I leave the cell, and breaks both the settlement AND the Home Sweet Home arc past that point.

That's of course, just one of many reasons to use or not use a mod, but it will serve to illustrate a point: if for you everything's all perfect as it is, good for you, but don't assume that you're the platinum standard of gamers, roles played, and bugs encountered or not. Other people are, well, other people. On other computers. And with other mod mixes which may or may not make a difference already.

Just download what you like or need need, don't download what you don't, and don't sweat it if other people download different things. Life is too short to worry about how someone else plays a single player game, and why they don't play it exactly like you do.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am still waiting for FO-4 SE to get updated, but I'm not liking the posts I'm reading here and on 2 other forums. It seems Beth had a great idea and as two different posts stated, " ... trashed the DLC and the Game ... " Not a good PR.

Well I am still waiting for FO-4 SE to get updated, but I'm not liking the posts I'm reading here and on 2 other forums. It seems Beth had a great idea and as two different posts stated, " ... trashed the DLC and the Game ... " Not a good PR.

The DLC is good, it didn't trash the game. However, it does require you to make some pretty important choices, with hefty consequences, beginning with the quest Home Sweet Home.

These choices have a huge impact on the world, which is refreshing, but also kind of alarming. For example, I have been putting up raider outposts at empty settlements, and the Minutemen are now my enemy. They take shots at me and send squads of guys to kill me. It feels Really Weird to have the Minutemen as enemies, because I was so used to them being the "player's faction," but that's not bad.

People wanted consequences from plot choices, right...? Here they are...

Yeah, I don't like how preston is clairvoyant. Hell, it's not even clear to me the raiders know your name. Throw on a mask, and how the hell does Preston know? It'd open up a whole new game of thrones type of playing. Play the evil raider to cash in on non-aligned settlements, and have settlers flock to your settlements for protection.

In summary:

I'd like to never kill npc settlers that beth named. I'd rather slap a collar on them and make'em farm for my raiders. Perhaps make them count as 3/5th of a settler towards my population count. :ermm:

I don't want content cut, because I hate doing the minute man quests and put them off for a long time. Not just talking about Prestons radiant quests, but the artillery and additional way of resolving the main quest.

Edited by Mavkiel

Well, I'm not opposed to being able to choose another "player faction". In fact, I like choices. It's good.

But then it should actually act like a player faction. If the Raiders are now my faction, I should be able to promise them all the hi-tech phat lewt they can carry and sell if they help me nuke the institute.

Soooo... gonna point this out. When you lead the Minute Men you "literally" do all of the leg work, running around, saving settlements from molerats. But, the second you become there enemy... well... now they have numerous dedicated hit squads coming after you all armed to the teeth with Preston being some sort of god who knows where you are at all times.

Also. As a raider don't you think the BOS will be really interested in the intel you have on the institute?

So there is an actual pay off. BOS helps you get into the institute. You just need to run a few errends for us so we can trust you.

Ergo same with the Railroad.

And lets be honest. The game has been out long enough now that we all know what the go is and if you side with the Raiders from Nukaworld just be a little bit careful on the radient quests you accept until you get into the insitute.

Soooo... gonna point this out. When you lead the Minute Men you "literally" do all of the leg work, running around, saving settlements from molerats. But, the second you become there enemy... well... now they have numerous dedicated hit squads coming after you all armed to the teeth with Preston being some sort of god who knows where you are at all times.

Well, they're at least trying to make it seem like the former isn't entirely the case. They do have those wimpy Minuteman patrolls that you occasionally see fighting ghouls or whatnot. Well, more like getting summarily executed by ghouls and whatnot, but you get the idea.

Still, you do bring up a good point. I wouldn't mind getting a squad of 3 minutemen to help take a settlement, like the Raiders give me when I'm taking a settlement for them. Not that I NEED it, since Ada murderizes everything with extreme prejudice, but at least after taking the castle, it would be a nice touch.

Yeah, I don't like how preston is clairvoyant. Hell, it's not even clear to me the raiders know your name. Throw on a mask, and how the hell does Preston know? It'd open up a whole new game of thrones type of playing. Play the evil raider to cash in on non-aligned settlements, and have settlers flock to your settlements for protection.

In summary:

I'd like to never kill npc settlers that beth named. I'd rather slap a collar on them and make'em farm for my raiders. Perhaps make them count as 3/5th of a settler towards my population count. :ermm:

I don't want content cut, because I hate doing the minute man quests and put them off for a long time. Not just talking about Prestons radiant quests, but the artillery and additional way of resolving the main quest.

2 Posters from another forum, stated they got reminded of FO-NV Lonesome Road and that you could only make 1 choice about using the NUKE. I remember a lot of people did not like the ONE WAY ONLY, as they even came up with other alternate ideas, creative, not over the top and worked.

That is the problem. Not everything is and/or has to be " black or white ".

Oh, well ... still waiting for FO4SE to get updated, I was hoping that it would be today, as I totally understood the 3 day weekend and such. I guess they need some ' catch up ' time from the weekend. So hopefully tomorrow - Thursday -.

Well, I'm not opposed to being able to choose another "player faction". In fact, I like choices. It's good.

But then it should actually act like a player faction. If the Raiders are now my faction, I should be able to promise them all the hi-tech phat lewt they can carry and sell if they help me nuke the institute.

.. here is a great idea. A ' middle ground ' so to speak. Negotiations are never easy, but not impossible.

The Lone Survivor Settlements ... which is what they all pretty much are. Even Raiders, would choose life of death, if the " price " is right.

Food.

Water.

Tech.

Weapon Upgrades.

Protection

Just do not kill, you get it by working with the settlements.