Nuka World, Raiders and the Minutemen (Preston)

Innocenceislost

I'm not as irritated with the fact you aren't given many options other than the evil choice for Nuka World so much as I'm irritated that Beth didn't let us follow through all the way with that.

If you're effectively going to take the Minutemen ending for the main quest away, replace it with a Raider one. And as I've said before, there's no reason that a good ending couldn't be expanded on to the DLC, either: Just replace the evil quests with good versions.

Setting up the main game to run us into Preston first thing and fight a deathclaw, and then making it so the only way to complete Nuka World and gain the most from the content is to wait until level 30, is kind of ridiculous. I understand - and am more than fine with - having to choose one way or the other. But, please - make it a REAL choice, and not just some half-assed questline.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not as irritated with the fact you aren't given many options other than the evil choice for Nuka World so much as I'm irritated that Beth didn't let us follow through all the way with that.

If you're effectively going to take the Minutemen ending for the main quest away, replace it with a Raider one. And as I've said before, there's no reason that a good ending couldn't be expanded on to the DLC, either: Just replace the evil quests with good versions.

Setting up the main game to run us into Preston first thing and fight a deathclaw, and then making it so the only way to complete Nuka World and gain the most from the content is to wait until level 30, is kind of ridiculous. I understand - and am more than fine with - having to choose one way or the other. But, please - make it a REAL choice, and not just some half-assed questline.

they just bad implement this dlc. I guess they forget a lot of things into making this dlc so fast for the deadline.

I'm afraid this confirm again their laziness in this game, like "here's the nuka world dlc, have fun, be a raider, loot, loot everywhere, slavery, be a raider master!!!11!!! with no real consequences for our action, because who cares?"

Edited by SignorNessuno

And totally ruin the DLC.

It wasn't broken why did someone have to do this :sad:

It is about choices.

If you cant deal with that play something else don't ruin it.

But see, it is NOT about choices. It is either A or B, which is NOT choices.

Choices would include, like: " Raider, you can either LEARN TO LIVE PEACEFULLY with others, or DIE? "

Compromise is a choice that was totally ignored. Would a Raider want to see their blood on the ground as they start to fade into oblivion, or well .... " Hey, if I compromise a bit, I get to " Die Another Day ". "

I'm 61 and seldom have I seen such " Black or White " only options. Especially if your only choices are pure evil or .... and you only get to move forward if you choose evil.

Again, sorry ... the more I read and such about this DLC the more I think Beth, got lazy and did NOT want to bother to actually create a DLC that DID have choices, compromises and options.

Just hurry the DLC out the door and let the players suffer through it.

And totally ruin the DLC.

It wasn't broken why did someone have to do this :sad:

It is about choices.

If you cant deal with that play something else don't ruin it.

But see, it is NOT about choices. It is either A or B, which is NOT choices.

Choices would include, like: " Raider, you can either LEARN TO LIVE PEACEFULLY with others, or DIE? "

Compromise is a choice that was totally ignored. Would a Raider want to see their blood on the ground as they start to fade into oblivion, or well .... " Hey, if I compromise a bit, I get to " Die Another Day ". "

I'm 61 and seldom have I seen such " Black or White " only options. Especially if your only choices are pure evil or .... and you only get to move forward if you choose evil.

Again, sorry ... the more I read and such about this DLC the more I think Beth, got lazy and did NOT want to bother to actually create a DLC that DID have choices, compromises and options.

Just hurry the DLC out the door and let the players suffer through it.

But that's the whole game for you. The illusion of choices between A and B. Blow up the Institute or ride with them. Blow up the Brotherhood or take the ride. Blow up the Railroad or do their quests. Now, I realize there's a recipe out there for saving at least three of them. But that's very well hidden.

But I go with what Flowerguy said. Minus the level part. To make this halfway challenging it has to be for higher levels than the initial Sanctuary environment requires. But if you choose Raider you should have had the option to be Raider. To make them your homies and not the minutemen.

It's not very well hidden, actually. You just have to go with the minutemen ending before making an enemy of any of those factions. You can stumble upon it even by mistake. Hell, the game itself point you at it if you screw up the endging you were going for.

I know there's some text being passed around that has some tight constraints, including in exactly what order to do what, but it's really far more strict than really needed.

It's not very well hidden, actually. You just have to go with the minutemen ending before making an enemy of any of those factions. You can stumble upon it even by mistake. Hell, the game itself point you at it if you screw up the endging you were going for.

I wouldn't know how to go with the minutemen ending. I never got prompted into some conversation after entering the institute. Preston just hands out his usual rubbish and Sturges just accepted the tape and didn't do or say anything about it afterwards.

Well, as I was saying, if you screw up the BOS or Railroad endings (e.g., you got banned from the Institute before freeing the synths for the RR), they even tell you to go to the Minutemen for it.

By the sound of it, you just don't have enough settlements for that to trigger. Otherwise, it's hard to miss.

I assume that the way some people were obsessive-compulsive about doing all of Preston's quests, not many had that problem.

I assume that the way some people were obsessive-compulsive about doing all of Preston's quests, not many had that problem.

I parked him at Red Rocket as the only settler and only went there when I had sufficient settlements to take the castle. I usually do my own expansions. Only taking over the ones I'm interested in and do make sense to keep as settlements.

Well, IIRC you need 5 settlements for the Castle, which then puts you at 6 settlements, and you need 8 settlements for the minutemen ending. So just get 2 more. Or just 1 more if you got Bunker Hill in the meantime, which you probably have to do on any faction's ending. Not even sure if you even have to talk to him again. If the Institute launches an all-out assault on the Castle and you're called to defend it, you know you've triggered it.

As you probably guessed though, settlements under Raider control don't count. And I THINK that any settlements you gave over to the BOS as part of Feeding The Troops don't count either. It has to be 8 settlements controled by the Minutemen.

Well, IIRC you need 5 settlements for the Castle, which then puts you at 6 settlements, and you need 8 settlements for the minutemen ending. So just get 2 more. Or just 1 more if you got Bunker Hill in the meantime, which you probably have to do on any faction's ending. Not even sure if you even have to talk to him again. If the Institute launches an all-out assault on the Castle and you're called to defend it, you know you've triggered it.

I have more than 8. Always had. But doing Bunker Hill for the Institute probably locks the minutemen ending. Even if I don't attend the ensuing meeting, there's no attack on the castle. So the second requirement seems to be to be kicked out of the Institute.