Nuka World, Raiders and the Minutemen (Preston)

Innocenceislost

So I started Nuka World, after completing the campaign with the Minutemen, went through the entire Nuka World campaign until I reached the part were I have to raid settlements, I did it, but very nicely, I didn't kill anyone, then I went to talk to Preston, who was f*#@ing furious with me. So I decided that I wanted to be the good guy and be the savior of the commonwealth, so I killed all the Raiders in Nuka World and gave power to the slaves. I even restore electricity to the park.

Expecting a massive apology from Preston at the Castle, I recieve, a very angry Preston who tells me that It'd be best if we dont talk anymore. What can I do guys, is there anything I can do, because I'm no longer recieving Settlements in need of help quests and I cannot hear Radio Freedom anymore.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ignore him. What exactly do you need him for at that point, anyway? Even if there are any settlements you want, you can go talk to the people there. You don't need Preston to give you the quests. Honestly, Preston stopping talking to me is almost incentive enough for me to go raider in the first place.

That said, did you also kill all raider settlements in the Commonwealth, if you gave them any? It doesn't matter whether you did it nicely or not. You have to take them all back before Preston's little pussy stops hurting.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking that maybe completing NW for the raiders would be a good way to get Preston out of my face in my next playthrough. But the more I read about Raider settlements, it seems they need more babysitting than the regular ones. And I tend to have relatively small settlements but, as far as I can tell, you don't have any control over raider population at all. It's only limited by the charisma + 10 rule. Incentive to keep your charisma low, I suppose, but I find settlements to be a PITA enough let alone letting them dictate how I manage my SPECIAL stats.

And I tend to have relatively small settlements but, as far as I can tell, you don't have any control over raider population at all. It's only limited by the charisma + 10 rule.

Yes and no--it's bugged and AFAIK they never fixed it. If I remember right, DLC04WorkshopParentScript is supposed to stop recruitment at 5 unassigned raiders (either 4 or 5, anyway). It just doesn't.

This fixed it for me: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18736/