How to fix Grognak costume issues after using body slide

Slinxx

Ok so whenever i edit the grognak mesh at all this problem arises where the bottom of the loin cloth on both sides stays in a static position without any regard to how the body moves. It still stays with the body, but it doesn't flap about normally and i don't know how to fix it. best examples are when you run and crouch

Other Picture

Edited by gluumba

Best guess is the bone weights aren't applied properly. Clothes which sway as the character moves have two types of bone weights--the regular ones and the cloth physics ones, you need to copy both of them. If you're using outfit studio make the original Grognak outfit the reference, load in your edited mesh, and copy the bone weights.

Best guess is the bone weights aren't applied properly. Clothes which sway as the character moves have two types of bone weights--the regular ones and the cloth physics ones, you need to copy both of them. If you're using outfit studio make the original Grognak outfit the reference, load in your edited mesh, and copy the bone weights.

Hi, so i tried that, set each base section of the grognak mesh as the reference and hit copy bone weights on their counterparts, and the same bug is there still, so i'm not sure what the problem is. Any more help would be appreciated.

Gluumba, the problem is that Outfit Studio is not capable of applying cloth physics to the mesh. The reason it that the skeleton Outfit Studio uses in the reference body doesn't have those physics bones.

You have to use another 3D tool like Blender to do that: http://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Adding_physics_to_an_armour_in_Fallout_4

• 1 month later...

Gluumba, the problem is that Outfit Studio is not capable of applying cloth physics to the mesh. The reason it that the skeleton Outfit Studio uses in the reference body doesn't have those physics bones.

You have to use another 3D tool like Blender to do that: http://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Adding_physics_to_an_armour_in_Fallout_4

Craaaap. ok that answers seems to line up with all the things going wrong, thanks at least i know now. If i make a fix then i'll probably upload it to the nexus.

Thanks again!

Hmmm, that's strange. I've tested out cloth physics with the Irma outfit and it worked fine. Brought it in as a OBJ and copied over all the weights from the original and it worked like it should.

Edit:

@glummba, after you copy the weights and are exporting the outfit as a nif do you get a message saying cloth physics were loaded from somewhere and to choose the origin point?

Edited by Nutulator

Actually, that's not entirely true.

The outfit studio does not apply cloth physics when exporting true, but he does not need to use Blender or 3DS MAX. I use Outfit Studio and Bodyslide for all my mods, along with nifskope.

What you want to do Gluumba is :

- Load the Grognak Outift

- I don't know what you're trying to do, but when you're finished, export the nif with reference

- Open the NIF you exported with Nifskope and open the original Grognak outfit as well

- From the original Grognak outfit, copy BSClothExtraData by right+click > Copy Branch

- Then go to your modified Grognak NIF, right click on the very first item > PASTE BRANCH

- Now right click anywhere on the preview window (everything but the mesh) > Sanitize > click all the options in order.

- Save your NIF and it will work properly now.

Edited by crimsomrider

Hmmm, that's strange. I've tested out cloth physics with the Irma outfit and it worked fine. Brought it in as a OBJ and copied over all the weights from the original and it worked like it should.

Edit:

@glummba, after you copy the weights and are exporting the outfit as a nif do you get a message saying cloth physics were loaded from somewhere and to choose the origin point?

No it hasn't told me to choose an origin point.

Actually, that's not entirely true.

The outfit studio does not apply cloth physics when exporting true, but he does not need to use Blender or 3DS MAX. I use Outfit Studio and Bodyslide for all my mods, along with nifskope.

What you want to do Gluumba is :

- Load the Grognak Outift

- I don't know what you're trying to do, but when you're finished, export the nif with reference

- Open the NIF you exported with Nifskope and open the original Grognak outfit as well

- From the original Grognak outfit, copy BSClothExtraData by right+click > Copy Branch

- Then go to your modified Grognak NIF, right click on the very first item > PASTE BRANCH

- Now right click anywhere on the preview window (everything but the mesh) > Sanitize > click all the options in order.

- Save your NIF and it will work properly now.

oh ok, i'll try that once i get back to fallout 4. I took a break due to this problem, another odd texture malfunction i haven't looked into and after finding out i need more RAM to fully utilize my video card. It just became a big project to get it up and running the way i wanted. but i'll test. thanks again for your guy's help

Ah, there you go. You need to choose the origin point. Instead of using the Load Reference feature, load the outfit and then make the object you want to copy weights from the reference. Apparently loading them in as references doesn't load the bone weights properly.