The Moon Palace Open BETA testing

Galejro

Hi there!

I would like to announce the OPEN BETA for The Moon Palace house mod for Fallout 4.

Video Presentation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMKjz2nVx8U

Link to the BETA download: http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/PSXJwnsn/file.html

(Manual Installation only! Since this is just an incomplete test version,

This is not an official download, therefore I PROHIBIT any re-use, re-release of this mod and it's assets until I release the official download)

This house mod Requires Far Harbor DLC. It provides over 25 Rooms for all player needs (except other DLC's than Far Harbor) made in an 18/19th century classic style. The House can be accessed in two ways:

1. Next to the Castle you'll find a ship Helena (Map Marker), board it and open the doors in front of the steering board to enter the docks, from there the house is opened to you.

2. travel to Far Harbor and take the road to the East (Map marker) (Behind Red Rocket station downwards from Far Harbor on the map).

This is a BETA TEST which means it may contain bugs and glitches which I would like to employ YOU to help spot, fix, advise. I would like to hear your feedback and proposals to fully develop this mod. Also because of this it only has rudimentary resources, things like dialogues, custom outfits, models and textures are mostly not yet included due to this being an unofficial download, I wish to avoid any copyright/use of assets issues.

So have fun and Test :D

1490985-1473297842.png

Edited by Galejro

Gave it a once over a little bit ago. No game breaking bugs have been encountered yet. Only thing I noticed was the embers from the fireplace(small study area with some chairs and tables) on the ground floor and to the left of the main entrance are floating through the wall and show up on the other side where the boat diorama is displayed. I have screenshots if you need them.

Otherwise, cool atmosphere and really cool house. Good job m8.

I would like to hear your feedback and proposals to fully develop this mod.

Can I... Can I insert my coin here?) It looks cool, but it would look much better (and immersive as f***) with the transparent windows and with a nice view of the outside.

And you could really use shadow type light sources to your benefit (Especially from fireplaces), but you don't push it that far.

Edited by werr92

Hello Galejro,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to see first hand this MAGNIGICENT (yes, no exageration there) house! :wub:

I thought i did a good job with my sanctuary, many people were telling me how nice and wonderful my settlement was...

And then you shove this in my face!!! lol

WOW, the detail, the imagination, the perfection!!!

I salute the master!!!

I kept opening door after door being awed at every room then i saw the boat indoor harbour.... WOW!

This house makes Far Harbor the Place to be! Forgot the Greenish Jewell Diamond City (It's just a dump really!)

I give a note of 20/10 for this AWESOME house!

I will never be able to endorse this mod enough!!

I sincerely hope you can integrate some interesting Quest or Mystery story (Detective like with twist and various plots) into this wonderful house

to make this mod even better. I see something Sherlock Holmesque going on this house, or Agatha Christie's kind. Hopefully some "French" maid or servants would be a nice touch!

Thank you so much for sharing this!!!

AWARHERO

P.S: I packaged your mod into a 7zip file and installed it with NMM. No issues at all, unless, i've read somewhere about transparent or see-through windows. If that is the case, i didn't saw that i my playthrough.

Actually, NMM has a hard time when installing Glass textures. Every mod i've installed that use some kind of glass material are NEVER installed correctly by NMM. I usually end up manually copying the file.

Also, i've made a quick video of my visit for you to see. I'm currently uploading it to my dropbox and will give you a link when it's done. Of course, it's a quickly made movie but you'll see all the house.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtjwz48ec9f7eeg/AWARHERO%20Mod%20Showcase%20-%20The%20Moon%20Palace.avi?dl=0

Edited by AWARHERO

Solid ideas, and I tried both of them.

- Shadow lightning works... In certain locations, often the game can't tell what's transparent or not and I get these strange geometrical shadows. I'm kinda paranoid after Skyrim CK which completely crashed the shading after placing like 3 shadow lights. Here in F4 this is much much more stable. And with the godrays ooofff this I gotta try.

- Night sky is a *censored*, I need help with this cause I sooo want to do it. But every single time I get a Pink Horison&Sky that goes over any object. No matter what setting I use It always happens, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or the interiors got something buggy.

Edited by Galejro

Firstly, wow! Seriously, there's a lot more there than I expected. I think I'm going to give up building my second mod. Really, really impressed. I took a look through the level, and assume you're still going to add "character" to the NPCs etc, but in terms of other level design, here are a few things to note.

I'm just going to list things I've visually noticed. If I'm being too pedantic, please let me know, as I'm not sure what stage of building you're at. Hope this is sort of what you were looking for.

Dock and first 4 rooms
Arriving in the dock; Took up to a minute for the companion to arrive, so assuming the navmesh hasn't been finalised.
Coming out of the dock; Minor clipping of floors.
Coming out of the dock; Stair case banister not aligned correctly.
Coming out of the dock; Pillars on the left stick out the wall more than those on the right.
Wine room; clipping with tarberries.
Wine room; All candles have light source, but no flames (this is everywhere).
Room with bullion; all safes are set to unlocked.
Moon Palace
Door between Moon Palace and Lower Chambers is not aligned correctly.
Floor 1
Door between Moon Palace and The Island is not aligned correctly.
All safes are set to unlocked (this is everywhere).
Bathroom toilet paper not immersive ;)
Bath water is static, and can be walked on.
In the library, when sitting in a chair, then getting up, I clip into the table and get stuck.
Floor 2
When talking to the Maid, she clips through the flowers. Maybe bring the chair forward a little.
Bath house; there are no ripples in the water when walking through it.
Kitchen; cooks slip into the wall when sitting down.
Floor 3
Redundant railing on landing.
Door between Moon Palace and Servants' Quarters is not aligned correctly.
Fire place is floating slightly above the ground.
All doors open outwards in your face, maybe they could open inwards.
Outside Moon Palace (The Island)
Objects disappearing. Standing right outside the door, and looking around. I'm not sure what causes this, but I've read about it.

I've taken screenshots, so if any of this doesn't make sense, I can upload them somewhere.

And poor Alfred. Hope he doesn't suffer from claustrophobia :)

Again, fantastic work bud! Really impressed. Your current screenshots don't even do the amount of work you've put in justice. :)

Â

Â

Solid ideas, and I tried both of them.

- Shadow lightning works... In certain locations, often the game can't tell what's transparent or not and I get these strange geometrical shadows. I'm kinda paranoid after Skyrim CK which completely crashed the shading after placing like 3 shadow lights. Here in F4 this is much much more stable. And with the godrays ooofff this I gotta try.

- Night sky is a *censored*, I need help with this cause I sooo want to do it. But every single time I get a Pink Horison&Sky that goes over any object. No matter what setting I use It always happens, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or the interiors got something buggy.

Well, I can help you with any technical difficulties you've encountered. PM me if you need help with it)