PLEASE Nuka World Home Sweet Home Mod

0Anesthetic4u

The Home Sweet Home quest in Nuka world is Bugged straight to hell.

This bug doesn't appear to be affecting a lot of people but for those of us who it does affect it breaks the game.

Shank gives you 4 options of places to raid, but for some reason when you go to pick one to raid, or pick the peaceful option, he tells you "Sorry Boss there's no settlement for that Job".

And you cant SetStage the quest! Nothing happens, it just breaks it further as you cant even talk to Shank anymore.

There's a mod that lets you skip raiding your settlements, but it only works if you can accept a place to raid in the first place!

Please! Someone mod a Fix for this, even if its just a mod that lets you skip the quest.

I'm going to look through a few of the threads for one already active, but I'm going to suggest a modder simply redo Bethesda's odd raiding schema. It just doesn't work well. You need only listen to Shank talk about all the options to realize its a barely clinging add-on to an otherwise complex system.

Home Sweet Home bugged for me as well in various other ways. Shank approved of my choice of settlement, which had no settlers on it. Hell, I hadn't even discovered it yet on the map; Starlight. My crew arrived and we took it over from the fiendish mole rat settlers. Game said to plant a flag, and though I had enough materials, I could not plant any of the flags until I pushed it into Godmode.

Came back another time to do some building after Shank said the settlement was being threatened. Not only was the flag missing, none of the raiders would talk to me about their troubles. Finally had to setstage to move past that part of the quest, and Shank continued on with his very verbose commentary about new raider camps. Took over two more settlements, and once again the flags could not be crafted without Godmode. It was time to force a settlement to supply my outposts, and because I had taken over Greentop Nursery, I told Shank I wanted to force The Slog to supply us. I already had the Slog, and I had done some traitorous sabotage to remove all of the proper defenses. Shank said "Nope and nope."

Uh, what?

Next problem I have is that I cannot find the transmitter or the still in any menu. Others have found either/or SKE or All DLC mods work to bring those items into existence, but sadly, not for me at all. Also, Shank talks about "pull machines". Is that a slot machine? I don't see any slot machines in Nuka World, so if someone didn't have Vault-tec DLC, how would they get slot machines? Is that in the building menu?

I would like a mod to replace Bethesda's janky version. You can raid any settlement you want whether or not you have companions there (meaning, yes, they might turn aggressive if they don't like your actions and be killed/run off to be a hazard as they randomly wander the wasteland perhaps?). I would like that mod to permit you to raid in several ways: 1) kill everyone, claim it, build on it, be threatened by regular vanilla raiders, mutants and even Minutemen, 2) push the settlers off the land entirely, 3) force/convince the current settlers to supply your growing network regardless of how close they are to any other settlements/camps*, 4) enslave the settlers by killing many, knocking down a few, making them work the land like they do at Nuka World while my raiders get drunk and party. In #4, new settlers would arrive as if they were kidnapped, already collared and ready to be put to work, with an option to convert them into a raider (nobody wears a collar who doesn't want one, right? Be a raider, no collar).

I would like the mod to make all those Nuka-cade games into interactive objects that raiders would use for increased happiness.

* This makes sense as Bethesda themselves will have mutants from 1//2 way across the map attack County Crossing, for example, but the mutants right across the road at the satellite station couldn't give a damn about the settlement . . .. It works for Bethesda. I want some too.

As of now, I have stopped playing F4 until I see something from Bethesda or a modder help us along with this. Even just fixing those quests would be nice. I've already played over 1,500 hours. Don't see the need to continue without a fix either from them or you good people.

• 6 months later...

I'm having the same problem there's no raider section in the settlement workbench after i kill every one. One idiot person posted a mod to help but it they abbreviated it with out putting the full name of the mod. When i put it into google it didn't come up with anything.

I have this same problem as well, getting the quest from shank then going to the settlement and clearing it out, while I can see the flags in the raider section, I can't build any of them. if you use unlocked settlement objects to 'fix' it does, in fact, unlock the flags to place, but the issue of it disappearing when you leave persists. so its the same issue as the previous poster talking about god mode resolving it. this bug has kind of put my raider character dead int the water, to make matters worse, its a survival save so i dont really have the option to make a bunch of reference saves.

Based on what i have seen of the issue on reddit and bethesda.net. this issue i how the game handles raider workshop assets and if you use any mod that might affect the Workshop quests in some way from before the release of nuka world, it essentially overwrites the quest conditions required to setup a raider settlement. i havent modded anything serious since oblivion, but wanted to work on some other things in fallout 4 so i am going to give this a shot and see if i cant at least create an esp that will separate the original code away from the esms that can be loaded in as last part of the load order so we can all at least be able to be the raider piece of s#*! we all wanted to be :)

alternatively, in the short term, there is a home sweet home mod on the nexus that will allow you to complete nuka world without having settlements in the commonwealth by telling shank you dont want to hurt anyone, he will say thats no fun and complete the quest home sweet home moving into the next one. it will not fix the raider flag issue however.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm putting this here, in case it helps anyone out there who's chasing that "Hostile Takeover" achievement like myself.
I can confirm that disabling Settlement mods such as those which alter the building area, height and/or settler population solves the problem, at least for the non-quest related landmarks such as red rocket and coastal cottage, essentially for settlements taken over by creatures which you'd clear out yourself to be able to unlock the workshop. :happy: