Hello,

So I am very new too all of this modding stuff and I just downloaded fo4edit last night and have been messing with it all night, watching tutorials and slowly readding my mods I have to make sure my game stays stable.

I figured out how to add filters and added in filter for cleaning. One, i am not sure what exactly this does, but I am assuming its showing me what is conflicting. When I use this it shows that the DLC's conflict with each other, specifically the DLCrobot.esm. Should I go through and clean this up with a merge patch, or are these fine to ignore?

Also, I am looking at the mod D.E.C.A.Y. which conflicts with the unofficial fallout 4 patch. To stop the conflict, do I absolutely have to make a merge patch for it? What happens if I just drag the data from DECAY over to the UFO4 patch instead?

Thanks for any help. Once I figure all this out I already have an idea for a mod for something that has been really bothering me I want to try and make, but I want to get all of my other mods up and running again first.

I might be wrong on this, and sure someone will say so, but my understanding is you never want to clean the main game's .esm or the DLCs. You could mess them up really bad, and anytime you need to verify the game files through Steam they will be restored to the original state.

As far as them conflicting with each other, it should be fine as long as you load them in the order they were released.

As far as the conflict with the unofficial FO4 patch goes, and I do know of two or three other that do conflict with it. You might have to make a choice between the UFO4P, and D.E.C.A.Y. as my experience with one I used for a while, that does conflict with it, is you may not be able to use both at the same time.

Sometimes the conflicts makes using both imposable.

I might be wrong on this, and sure someone will say so, but my understanding is you never want to clean the main game's .esm or the DLCs. You could mess them up really bad, and anytime you need to verify the game files through Steam they will be restored to the original state.

As far as them conflicting with each other, it should be fine as long as you load them in the order they were released.

As far as the conflict with the unofficial FO4 patch goes, and I do know of two or three other that do conflict with it. You might have to make a choice between the UFO4P, and D.E.C.A.Y. as my experience with one I used for a while, that does conflict with it, is you may not be able to use both at the same time.

Sometimes the conflicts makes using both imposable.

how would i know if the conflict is irreconcilable?

I am also looking at issues with synth overhaul and armorkeywords and while I want the synth overhaul esp it wont let me resolve this conflict between the two mods with a merge patch and I am not sure if there is something else I should do to fix this issue or just ignore it and load my esp texture mod after the esm keyword mod and it will be fine.

Trial and error unfortunately.

Some are minor, and just changing the load order make them work together.

A few mod authors do know what conflicts with what and do put that in their description.

I do not use Synth Overhaul, but after reading that mods description it, both mods edit a lot of the the same records, so in this case you will not be able to use both at the same time.

The single biggest reason a conflict is irreconcilable, is editing the same records, and that can not be worked around.

Mods that also edit cells may not be compatible with other's.

I also do not use D.E.C.A.Y., so I don't know what the conflict is, but some overhauls can never be made to work with the UFO4P. They edit to many of the same records.

Do not 'clean' the original master files. This practice was adopted and advocated by some individuals during when the unofficial patch for Skyrim was being developed, and for all of the wrong reasons.

There is nothing wrong with two mods conflicting with one another. Whichever one is loaded last is the conflict winner. It is up to the user to decide which mod(s) should be the conflict winners or if both of the winner's and losers's edits should be combined into a single merged patch.

Do not 'clean' the original master files. This practice was adopted and advocated by some individuals during when the unofficial patch for Skyrim was being developed, and for all of the wrong reasons.

There is nothing wrong with two mods conflicting with one another. Whichever one is loaded last is the conflict winner. It is up to the user to decide which mod(s) should be the conflict winners or if both of the winner's and losers's edits should be combined into a single merged patch.

ok so if i cant merge then for some reason, the one loaded last will be the winner and that mods effect will take place?

That is how I am understanding it.

ok so if i cant merge then for some reason, the one loaded last will be the winner and that mods effect will take place?

That is how I am understanding it.

Yes,

I have a minigun mod that conflicts with Weaponsmith Extended. As long as the minigun mod is below Weaponsmith it works as intended. If above it, then it does not.

• 2 years later...