Real Magic? I would like to discover what you think real magic is in you opinion.

Deleted54170User

First question first.

Karma, when I see Karma in action it's magic to me.

I once saw a guy push by everyone else in line at an ATM outside a bank after hours on a Friday night. It was one of the rudest things I've ever seen. Amazingly the ATM picked that moment to go out of order. The guy walks away with his card still in hand and no money and a totally stunned look on his face.

Of course everyone else in line was screwed as well, but the timing couldn't have been more perfect... it was a magic moment.

Where did magic come from? That's an easy one. It comes from our imagination.

I would like to share what I find along the way of studying words in your sentences from what you've shared.

Karma is said to mean action, work, or deed; it also refers to the spiritual principle of cause and effect where intent and actions of an individual influence the future of that individual.

Cause and effect.

Action. Every action creates an opposite and equal reaction.

Your experience had several cause and effects. Each influencing more than one person. The animosity of seeing a person shove his way into the line and take over the machine you felt was one effect, that caused you to feel an emotion. The fact the machine broke down at the moment the person started to use it was an effect that gave you another causing you to feel differently. And last you realized that no one was getting any use out of the machine which is another effect. Then finally a moment of reminiscent self adjustment to make the bleak result causing the unhappy effect to be reacted to with self gratification.

The actual magic seems to me that you created the idea that it was just the person's Karma for being rude. It had nothing to do with the fact all the people in line and you were a mass of cause which in effect were after the same thing.

More imaginative notions can be drawn from the event. All of the people's focus was negative, the person increased that negative focus and all of the people in line whose focus of negativity added to the upset caused the machine to overload from all of the energy of the negativity.

The opposite reaction would have been positive energy. You used some of yours to give yourself some self satisfying allowance for your grief so you felt better.

Where did you learn to do that?

Did you create the knowledge from your own experiences; forging it in your imagination? Or learn it from a book, see it suggested in a tv talk show on the subject, a teacher, or a mentor?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First question first.

Karma, when I see Karma in action it's magic to me.

I once saw a guy push by everyone else in line at an ATM outside a bank after hours on a Friday night. It was one of the rudest things I've ever seen. Amazingly the ATM picked that moment to go out of order. The guy walks away with his card still in hand and no money and a totally stunned look on his face.

Of course everyone else in line was screwed as well, but the timing couldn't have been more perfect... it was a magic moment.

Where did magic come from? That's an easy one. It comes from our imagination.

Your experience had several cause and effects. Each influencing more than one person. The animosity of seeing a person shove his way into the line and take over the machine you felt was one effect, that caused you to feel an emotion. The fact the machine broke down at the moment the person started to use it was an effect that gave you another causing you to feel differently. And last you realized that no one was getting any use out of the machine which is another effect. Then finally a moment of reminiscent self adjustment to make the bleak result causing the unhappy effect to be reacted to with self gratification.

I wasn't in the line myself. I was on the other side of the road just starting to cross as the light turns green, and the scene unfolds in front of me as I'm walking through the intersection and it's like I'm watching a little bit of theater. It's all over in a few seconds, but it is surprising how many thoughts can pass through your mind in a few seconds. First thought being that someone should do something, but then looking at the people in line you know that no one will, as the four or five people in line are young office girls and a pencilneck in a suit. The rude guy was a rough looking character who looked like he was living a little too close to the street.

As I stepped off the road onto the sidewalk it is already over and I see the guy walking toward me and away from the ATM with a dumbfounded look on his face. As I pass by without breaking my stride I glance to my right and I see "Out Of Order" illuminated on the screen of the machine. The thought that pops into my head is "Instant Karma" and in my mind I can hear John Lennon singing...

"Instant Karma's gonna get you

Gonna knock you right on the head

You better get yourself together

Pretty soon you're gonna be dead

What in the world you thinking of

Laughing in the face of love

What on earth you trying to do

It's up to you, yeah you"

To be honest, I didn't think about how everyone in line had been screwed until I wrote the post here, several years later. It wasn't important to me at the time. I just wandered off into the night feeling satisfied that the world was in balance.

More imaginative notions can be drawn from the event. All of the people's focus was negative, the person increased that negative focus and all of the people in line whose focus of negativity added to the upset caused the machine to overload from all of the energy of the negativity.

And therein lies the great mystery. Do our thoughts have the power to make things happen? Can we alter reality just by thinking about it? And if a single mind has the power to effect change, then what magnitude of power might the collective minds of the human race be capable of wielding?

And if this be true, is that then the magic we seek... a magic within ourselves which we use every day to change the world without even knowing we are doing it. A magic that comes from the human mind that is itself a technology beyond our understanding.

The opposite reaction would have been positive energy. You used some of yours to give yourself some self satisfying allowance for your grief so you felt better.

Where did you learn to do that?

Did you create the knowledge from your own experiences; forging it in your imagination? Or learn it from a book, see it suggested in a tv talk show on the subject, a teacher, or a mentor?

I believe that some concepts are born with us. The desire to see justice done seems to me to be a universal need hard wired into the human race. It has been with us for all of recorded history and probably a lot longer than that. Whenever it was that the human race first developed the concepts of "right and wrong", shortly after that we embraced the idea that "what is wrong must be made right" and now it is as if it is a genetic memory passed on at birth.

Your story is worth it's karma. Pieces with that kind of interesting common sense and attention to outward focus with an attitude toward it seem to suggest a little bit of magic resides in your inspired memories of hero role play.

(And another possibility about the person who you saw and walked toward you is; the person may well have seen other people putting their card into the machine and getting money. Magic? Maybe the person was ignorant and found a card that resembled what he saw, wanted some money, and because he tried to get it to work he caused the machine to shut down?)

RIGHT AND WRONG is set by someone's rules. Rules that were invented. A boy with resources to start a club sets the rules for his club. Another club house set up by a girl has another set of rules.

First rule I remember seeing for boys was while watching a TV show. I realize now that they children in the series were born before my era, and the television company seemed to want to keep their past alive rather then broadcast new TV shows from the East and West coast on the free TV channels. It was from a series with children during or shortly after the depression. Not colorized. Alfalfa, Spanky, and Our gang. I learned a rule the boys used, before I had ever thought about rules.

Now those rules made by those children, or their adult prop manager, are outdated.

Well maybe? Sometimes I wonder if Girls should be allowed and then on other days I wish that I had never known that rule, "No Girls Allowed." Growing older and maturing causes some questions to arise about our old rules.

Right and wrong are tentative most times. At least common sense often prevails when rules fail.

RIGHT AND WRONG is set by someone's rules. Rules that were invented. A boy with resources to start a club sets the rules for his club. Another club house set up by a girl has another set of rules.

I didn't mean to imply a shared set of values or rules to live by, only that we share the belief that there is such a thing as right and wrong. What each of us believe to be right or wrong is of course a whole other matter. We could have polar opposite views on what might be right or wrong, and still share a belief that right and wrong exists. Even those who would say there is no right or wrong, are making a statement they believe to be right while correcting a way of thinking they believe to be wrong.

I think the real differences in our logic is that we want to be an authority rather than a minority. Leader makes the rules and minority and the leader go on about business as usual until they see someone actually doing something that distracts them from the regular grind. Then everyone tries to find out what was so distracting. If it was a rule breaker then they begin a whole new experience. Examining what the extent of the breakage is.

As to magic. The way you realized what you saw at going on the ATM, your interpretation of what you thought was, is, and seemed to be led me to realize you might have seen the person because you may have had some knowledge and the ability to quiet the unsettled person enough so they might learn from you. Or died intervening.

You could have been looking at each other when he got that dumbfounded look on his face. Just then he might have been realizing you might be able to help him. Then when he approached you with the look, you determined was as dumbfounded look, he was sizing you up to see if you might be able to help him.

Magic ??? Two sides of a coin, one coin for each party, two choices made by each person flipping their coin Karma ???

• 4 weeks later...

magic huh ?

Yeah! The stuff I think that made our brains work so we could make avatars. Like your's with a little tiny speck that looks like it's standing next to a car. It might be easier to see if it were larger on someone's computer using a 640x480 resolution setting. On mine it looks like someone shot a picture with a camera of something really far away and then they cut the part out and pasted it to their avatar that I can just make out is a vehicle of some kind. I think that is a body of a biped standing up next to it.

Without a magnifier I can't be sure. It might be a power pole the car is parked beside in a parking lot.

I will click on the icon button someone created with some part of the wondrous beings we are and see what your avatar looks like enlarged.

Thanks for posting your... um... :huh:

magic huh ?

Yeah! The stuff I think that made our brains work so we could make avatars. Like your's with a little tiny speck that looks like it's standing next to a car. It might be easier to see if it were larger on someone's computer using a 640x480 resolution setting. On mine it looks like someone shot a picture with a camera of something really far away and then they cut the part out and pasted it to their avatar that I can just make out is a vehicle of some kind. I think that is a body of a biped standing up next to it.

Without a magnifier I can't be sure. It might be a power pole the car is parked beside in a parking lot.

I will click on the icon button someone created with some part of the wondrous beings we are and see what your avatar looks like enlarged.

Thanks for posting your... um... :huh:

Sorry for my long winded un magical post.

But my thoughts to the subject , albeit I think it is some what mentioned in the thread , but is missed like a forest among the tree's.

It is the phenomenon of how something is created that is greater than the sum of it's parts.

So magic would be the "Why" that is possible.

Sorry for my long winded un magical post.

But my thoughts to the subject , albeit I think it is some what mentioned in the thread , but is missed like a forest among the tree's.

It is the phenomenon of how something is created that is greater than the sum of it's parts.

So magic would be the "Why" that is possible.

Magic, as you wrote," "Why" that is possible."

I applaud your realization.

While the rest of our brain's functions sit well stationed waiting for us to reason with those parts and seek out answers to; "What we are able to do with those parts Einstein says we don't even bother to use?"

Creative and constructive? Is our brain truly divided as such and only has the two sides?

Or is there more, that people like Einstein realized?

Maybe Albert Einstein stored his wisdom, comprehended by him at the time, saving it by writing it down in his journal for a day when he hoped our brains could look and see what he wrote that we just couldn't comprehend back when?

Maybe he learned of the passage we keep maintained waiting, for us to discover, like an old house that is still there lighted with only candles when the rest of the house has electricity?

• 2 weeks later...