Updating GECK Issue "Old file does not exist" (Windows 10)

Well of course ... everybody is just trying to make this game work ... after legally purchasing it.

Sure the nexus would like to post explicit instructions on how not to end up coming here asking for instructions.

But the reality is there isn't even 1 answer in the realm of leagal/illeagal .

But the fact still remains that Beth could legally sue Nexus for hosting instructions ....................................................................................................... So what do you think they should do knowing that ?

The best way to solve the issue would be for Bethesda to update the game properly (as in include ALL of the content), and not just half-a$$ the update.

This kind of laziness/oversight is exactly why I'm expecting TES 6 and future titles to be mediocre releases, at best.. because they'll probably spend too much time on graphics, gimmicks, and redesigning stuff that could and probably should otherwise be left alone, instead of game play and other things like story that make for an actually good game... but I digress.

Â

Well of course ... everybody is just trying to make this game work ... after legally purchasing it.

Â

Sure the nexus would like to post explicit instructions on how not to end up coming here asking for instructions.

Â

But the reality is there isn't even 1 answer in the realm of leagal/illeagal .

Â

Â

But the fact still remains that Beth could legally sue Nexus for hosting instructions ....................................................................................................... Â So what do you think they should do knowing that ?

Â

The best way to solve the issue would be for Bethesda to update the game properly (as in include ALL of the content), and not just half-a$$ the update.

Â

This kind of laziness/oversight is exactly why I'm expecting TES 6 and future titles to be mediocre releases, at best.. because they'll probably spend too much time on graphics, gimmicks, and redesigning stuff that could and probably should otherwise be left alone, instead of game play and other things like story that make for an actually good game... but I digress.

Â

With in My content posts, you will find the correct procedure using the nexus sites content to allow this update to take place.

I have posted it. If how ever the admins have removed my post? well...?

• Move current engine out to save place.
  • Download an earlier version hosted here from updates for this game, they are hosting them.
  • install over write.
  • test GECK update to verify good or not.
  • should work. once it does, copy back your engine / over write, good to go.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/6507/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout3%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D6507&pUp=1

Google "Official Fo3 1.1 patch, you will find a web page that contains the 1.1 version of the engine from Bethesda.

read... please. start with default 1.1

Edited by Purr4me

All the stuff you do for the nexus is so awesome ... never doubt that.

But some people don't care about all that previous effort ... they just want an easy button.

I guess its the way of things to come :geek:

[quo" timesta04902"]All the stuff you do for the nexus is so awesome ... never doubt that.

But some people don't care about all that previous effort ... they just want an easy button.

I guess its the way of things to come :geek:

yes I know that.

so what's a girl to do, the type of programming but this particular subject requires is a little bit above modding.

I fully understand the vanilla game versus the steam game as team came along secondary.

when steam produced the game and started Distribution on use this issue was going to come along.

this issue has been there all along even with just the plastic CD version of the game.

The Garden of creation kit had a very specific set of point when it was first published.

knowing that the 1.7 game engine update came after the garden of creation update created a scenario where it is impossible to update the garden of creation kit once the 1.7 version has been installed.

technically speaking the only files that need to be in the game directory are the files from the vanilla CD which includes dll files from that vintage and games for Windows Live with the correct CRC checks.

what's team did was introduced a fully packed game with incorrect CRC checks in the supporting dll files.

this makes it impossible to update the garden of creation kit.

but steam is not the publisher of the game.

they were only in it for the money.

in 2009 when the game was released it required a buddy year for programmers to create software for the game that was specifically compatible with that original version.

As things progressed, Pacific game tools tools were produced.

each produced to check for specific version ID via CRC checks.

one example is f o s e.

more on that subject later.

the speed at which these programs offer rate is nearly at the speed of light if not faster.

sometimes it's almost an instantaneous response depending upon what loads first.

before steam came along it was an easy fix.

at this late date , it had become a hassle to help others find out about this.

this requires the use of one's mind and clear thought but they would never think the publisher such as valve would omit this kind of information.

so somebody's got to step in and give him a helping hand help him figure out where they're at.

yes it's always going to be a day of a quick fix which will never come about.

Aladdin here not to forget about the fake Fallout 3 patch.

Just In other produced the original game engine that is backwards compatible for steam to vanilla that is supposed to allow the 1.9 Garden of creation kit update to operate correctly it is a Link, I failed to post but you only need the executable section of the patch you do not need to plug in.

the only real problem is the main Master file sometimes the patches don't offer it because it's got the larger file in there from the 1.7 update of the game.

bottom line is you need the original engine and file support from the original game in order for the garden of creation kit along with its update setup executable to operate correctly.

The Garden of creation kit is 50 megabytes for the 1.7 and the 1.1 respectively give or take a few megs.

if the user of the program was to pay attention to the screen and watch what the program is overriding and recreating you will find that it's free creating the master file actually editing it.

with that being said you need to find some way to get it down underneath the requirements for the update set of executable for the garden of creation kit to operate and not kick back that it can't find you Regional old Files.

no there's no easy way to do it but this is how it done

PS, Google speech to text on cell phone does not operate the way I thought it would someday they'll probably produce an AI that works correctly.

sorry for all the spelling mistakes but hey...

Spice is the meaning of life as we have very little of it majority of game and fourth last about four years and then people going to do something else.

in the game form we have the ability to freeze a moment in time and sometimes we can create things that are really out of this world.

unless things are all done on the same page we're always going to have problems. I love kids three of my own and a few million out there on the world.

I know you have the magic within your hands I've seen it in the mod you've created so with that being said back at you.

Kitty black

Just around the corner we have new technology that's about to hit the scene.

I have converted 10 games to STK Android so far including Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

these in turn are being converted for VR.

BR incomplete complete sense of the form is the goal.

but I'm not doing this alone there's about 1,500 other people involved.

today I'm able to play it least 3 hours solid in VR Fallout 3.

but we're still working out the bugs to get rid of the dizziness and nausea costume speed of the software processing.

we got some engineering things taking place but you different company as far as filters are concerned.

it seems to be traced to the optic input of the human eye.

lots of interesting things we find time to do.