Bralsa Andaren won't train me.

olnorton

Have a look at the UESP Wiki page on her.

That tells you what is meant to happen, but that is not what is happening.

I went back and asked both the other destruction trainers again & then went back to her, but she still wouldn't talk to me.

I've started a new game with a fighter type now, but I kept the last save in case someone offers a suggestion.

What stage is the quest showing in the consolde (getstage TrainingDestruction)? I should have linked you to this page, though it doesn't outline any problems similar to what you are reporting.

You haven't had her die on you and resurrected or spawned another copy of her by any chance, have you?

Edited by Striker879

What stage is the quest showing in the consolde (getstage TrainingDestruction)? I should have linked you to this page, though it doesn't outline any problems similar to what you are reporting.

You haven't had her die on you and resurrected or spawned another copy of her by any chance, have you?

No, she hadn't died. And I have the unofficial patch which should stop that from happening.

I was at stage 10, I used setstage trainingdestruction 20, Then gave her 20 pelts & she agreed to train me.

Trouble was, I instinctavely hit quicksave & lost progress in my new game. :laugh:

Thanks for the link.

Edit: One thing I thought of, was that those pages say to seek her out with destruction 70, I was already an Expert (76) so maybe you have to do it while your still a journeyman ?

Edit 2: It's only taken me 8 years to reach 200 posts. :happy:

Edited by olnorton

Ha ... sometimes I purposely edit a post with new info rather than add a new post trying to keep my post count down (obviously without any significant success).

I do recall having some difficulty with her, but it was on my first playthrough a long long time ago and don't remember the details. At least you have her working now. It wouldn't make any difference what your current level was, as long is it was at 70 or above. Lots of times I'll save the master training until my guy is at 99 in a skill, and only use the master trainer to get to 100.

A note about quicksave ... it's a known corrupter of save files, use with caution. I use the save from the game's Esc menu, and personally never overwrite saves (I do have a very large hard drive for backing up saves, and move them to that drive when I've accumulated a bunch). A recent tool for saves is Simple Saves ... might be worth looking into, though I haven't tried it myself as I'm kinda set in my ways now with saving.

• 1 year later...

If nothing else works and you just want to finish the training quest, open a console and type this:

setstage trainingdestruction 20

Bralsa should then agree to take your bear pelts and train you. If she doesn't you can further force the issue with this console command:

setstage trainingdestruction 100

This will definitely finish and close the training quest.

The problem has more than one known cause, e.g. Destruction perks (which don't count toward the required 70 for master training) to low disposition etc. I've run into it twice over the years, I don't recall what fixed it the first time and when it happened again I just used console commands. :)

Edited by TheMastersSon

• 10 months later...

I just looked at her GREETINGS (in both vanilla and the UOBP ver3.5.6)

For her to ask "What do you want yadda yadda..." the destruction training quest needs to be >=20

huh? That's numb nuts, given that the stage is set to 10 when you're sent to find her.

Ima edit the GREETING requirement from 20 to >=10 and try it out in my next playthrough. I might even remember to report back! :D

EDITED: 8th Nov 2018.

Yup... that worked, as in, I changed the GREETING requirement to >=10 (as mentioned above) and started a new toon to play test it. Don't ya just love it when things go to plan? :D