Is it possible to modify the player's collision?

PAPVAFS11

One of the things that has always bothered me about movement in Fallout 3 and New Vegas is that crouching has no effect on the player's collision, preventing them from passing under low obstacles and hindering navigation through complex environments.

I've long wanted to change this, but I don't know if it's possible. My guess is that it'd involve editing the player's bounding box, but I still don't know if it would be possible to adjust this for sneaking, standing, or otherwise.

Is there anyone who can shed light on this subject?

Yes you would need to modify the skeleton bounding box, which would set it permanently at the lower position. The only time I've noticed the bounding box changing (in Skyrim but I assume the same for NV) was when swimming and it rotates 90 degrees. I assume the function is inbuilt and most likely a solution to this can only be obtained from the NVSE guys putting some time in on it.

Darn. I'd hoped that the collision could've been manipulated dynamically, possibly through animations. I guess I'll need to figure out whether or not I want weird clipping on low obstacles. Nevertheless, much thanks for the insight, Mindboggles.