Last year, I was working on a necro'd project of my own creating. I have renecro'd it, again. I have created a spell to summon a door that leads to a custom player house. Everything works, so far. What I'd like to do would be to set a door stage, or something, for each of the doors used so that upon leaving the player house, and returning back to the previous point, the door disappears. I do not want it timed, as the time spent inside the abode will be variable. Should this be put in a quest script, or should I incorporate it into the spell script? Thanks, in advance.

Hmm. Well. The portal thingy in Fluffy Follower Frill could probably do with some adjustments. The animation stuff was driving me nutters so it currently works, but I will try to improve it somehow when I am no longer so angry at it. :tongue:

The way a portal could work might be this, maybe:

• two doors, both in the target home cell, one that is used in it and one that will be moved to the outside world
  • a marker rat to mark the position of the door when it is out in the wild
  • when player summons the door, the rat could be moved (and disabled, I think?) in the right place, and the door could be moved to it
  • when player "unsummons" (banishes?) the door, the rat could be moved to the home cell (since player is not in there when banishing the door) and the door could be moved to it
  • when loading a game, a check could be made to make sure the rat and the door are in the right place if player is in the home cell (so that the player will get out of there to the right place)
  • and remember the TELEPORT MARKERS, not just the doors, the teleport target markers also need attention, if I remember correctly

Fluffy has a spell + script, a door + script, a marker rat, and a few lines of script in the game load function I think, it has been a while since I last worked on the mod, but I hope I will have time to get back to it soon. I have a few ideas on how to improve it. Hapy browsing, if you encounter absolutely horrible scripting, worry not, I will try to improve the mod when I have the time. :smile:

Edit: You might need OBSE, or you might not. The way I did it in Fluffy required OBSE. There were some functions I needed, maybe the door teleport marker movings required something.

Edited by Contrathetix

I had had the rats, but for some reason when they were disabled it didn't work and when they weren't it worked but they were hostile. I removed them and things still work, properly. The idea I have is to create a quest that has a counter for the outer door. When that counter hits two, the door would go back to its cell.

Then you might need a quest script, I think, if the door would disappear regardless of whether it is loaded or not. I have a few ideas on how to improve the system to hold the door in place. Since the door is a door, there needs to be something that keeps track of the position throughout loading and saving the game, and moving from one worldspace or interior to another and vice versa. That is what the rat is for, if I remember correctly.

Hopefully someone else can help you more when it comes to keeping track of the door's position. I have an alternative system planned myself, with no need for a rat at all, but I need to test it. And it will be a bit over the top, but I have also had some issues with the rat. And the way I have done the door actually turned into a "smash it with a hammer until it works" sort of a project. It works, but it is not beautiful. I need to remake huge parts of Fluffy Follower Frill, too. Maybe you can extract some ideas from Fluffy, but I would not use it as an example. If you have questions on how to implement something, you should probably ask here on the forums and not copy-paste from Fluffy. :blush:

For a timer, you can use GetSecondsPassed and check if the door is in the holding cell of your choice or not. If you are going to add in animations, then it can get more complicated.

I did put the rats back. I've got everything working properly, too. I cannot, still, figure out how to make the door automatically disable/disappear. I've created a spell that dismisses the door and that works, but that's spell switching, so not tidy at all. Any idea on how I could implement this?

You can use a quest script for that, or a script on the door itself, or a combination of both (starting the quest script from the door itself when a condition is met, so that the quest script moves the door away and stops itself aftwerwards), depending on when and how you want it to disappear. Object scripts are not great, though, and a quest script would be more straightforward. Or not. It depends on what you like. :tongue:

How/when do you want it to disappear?

Edited by Contrathetix