Hmm. I finally managed to make the door appear directly in front of player, at a certain distance, at a 90 degrees angle - always. Brilliant! The old script for the summon spell is still there, though, no need to worry. That was just something I found interesting to make happen, I have some projects that I can use it in. And maybe it can give you an idea of how OBSE can make life a lot easier. :P

The actual disappearing of the door should be relatively straightforward to implement, but it is getting late and I do not want to fight the rat when tired. I will do that part tomorrow morning if I have the time. Everything should be ready by tomorrow evening at the latest, I hope. I had to clean up all sorts of stuff and settings after a bigger sort of Windows 10 update that came yesterday, and then I also updated my motherboard BIOS today (long overdue), so I only had a few hours to spend on this today.

And no problem, I like small challenges like this. Modding is a great way to put those little grey cells to use in a fun way. :happy:

Finished! It is actually Saturday now, so I did not quite make it for Friday evening. :blush: Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0058mGt5uf7cVZ2WGVMWHh6TGs/view?usp=sharing

I took the liberty of cleaning up the travel system as a whole, as in, make the doors work like normal doors (no scripting to move player), remove the the unnecessary objects, scripts and all that, and I also changed the mesh of the summoned door to the static (non-animated) one, since it allowed for the removal of the minor position adjustments. There were also some changes made to other cells and such that were unnecessary and I also removed those (leaving the note stuff and that). Then I also changed the tome spell a little. Oh well. You will see. Just remember to keep a backup of your original file in any case. The scripts I wrote use OBSE, to give you an idea of how it can make scripting easier.

If you do not already use it, the CSE is a brilliant addition/overhaul to the Construction Set and I definitely recommend using it: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/36370

If you have complaints and such, or questions, I would love to hear them. :smile:

Edit: My greatest issue with Windows 10 is how it tries to feed all Microsoft stuff to the user, as well as all the preinstalled "apps" and all that. The larger update reset all my settings and re-installed all the preinstalled bloatware. They should just stick to making an OS, not trying to force feed "Xbox App", Bing things, some random games and their own browser and everything. I believe most people do not want them, and absolutely do not need them. Removing the most prominent rubbish takes forever, and I am still not sure if the performance telemetry things actually stay disabled for good or if another update will turn it all back on. It is easy to understand why people have issues with Win 10, it took me two nights to clean the thing up to a usable state. The only thing I need Windows for is gaming and everything related to it. If I did not do any gaming, I would not even have Windows. Or maybe in a virtual machine. Only time will tell where Microsoft is rolling to with their Windows 10 bandwagon. Maybe it is a nice place, maybe it is not. If it is not, I will definitely be jumping out of it. :ermm:

Edited by Contrathetix

Okay, I had OBSE installed, but didn't use it. I've installed CSE and am having some odd issues with the script windows not sizing correctly. Other than that, none of the scripts seem to be working in game.
As far as Win10, I *hope* that Unix will be able to pull forward, in the coming years, with the free distros, and the like. I think Unix just needs to get into the public eye more, especially, with all of M$'s missteps and information gathering.

EDIT: Apparently, there was some sort of conflict with other ESPs that kept the scripts from running. Going to have to look into it. Thanks, for your assistance! I'm going to have to look more into this CSE, I think...

Edited by Grabstein

No problem, happy to help. This was also a great chance to try and make a more simple door summon scheme. The current one in Fluffy Follower Frill needs some improvement, and this was a great opportunity to solve that issue, as well. When I tested the mod, it did work. I am not sure how it could conflict with other .esp files. At least the spell should work. I just added the note using console, I never checked what there is inside the Imperial Dungeon (if I remember correctly and that was the location for the in-game version).

If you have issues or questions, just ask.