moho25

BioWare Continuity Network (BCN) Communication Thread

Updated: 26 January 2018

Website
BCN's BSN Project Inventory (BSNPI)
BCN's Nexus Profile

PURPOSE
The BCN is a community effort with four goals:

• Collect and communicate information related to the BioWare Forum closure and impending closure of Legacy BioWare Social Network (BSN)
  • Develop the BSN Project Inventory (BSNPI), a searchable spreadsheet that can be used by the community to reference information about all existing projects (such as where they can be downloaded)
  • Contact Project authors who don't yet have their mods on other sites to be certain they are aware of the closure and suggest they host their mods elsewhere
  • Re-publish content originally hosted on BSN Projects to Nexus, ONLY when adequate permission accompanies the original project (which is almost never the case) and when the mod isn't already hosted elsewhere

STATUS
BCN is an ongoing effort, but is now operating in legacy mode with minimal staff. This is because most portions of the project are finished.

• The BSNPI is complete. All valid projects have been inventoried, with the exception of the excessive amount of small coalesced mods for Mass Effect 2. We inventoried the larger and more heavily-downloaded mods, only.
  • Project Authors. We've contacted all project authors we were able to. Most didn't get back to us. We'll continue to update the spreadsheet if any authors contact us in the future.
  • BCN Website. The website has been overhauled now that Legacy BSN has removed. We've retained the blog feature of the site but expect there will be little to no new information to communicate. If some event develops, of course we'll announce it.
  • Project Content. The inventory itself is complete, but we have a small number of projects left to upload to Nexus. Once this is finished, we can't upload any other projects without creator permission.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

• 26 Jan 2018 - The website overhaul is complete. If you're looking for information about BCN and the inventory, looking there is your best bet.
  • 01 Jan 2018 - The website has been updated with a post about the closure. More updates to the site and inventory will occur over this month.
  • 17 Dec 2017 - BSN has been closed, without warning from what we can tell. Inventory is complete. Expect an update to the website soon.
  • 22 Oct 2016 - Inventory is almost complete. Spreadsheet is now mostly read-only, allowing only comments.
  • 16 Oct 2016 - Tarshana is now Lead Inventorier.
  • 16 Oct 2016 - Instruction sheet updated.
  • 16 Oct 2016 - Lots of sheet QA going on; inventoriers should take a look.
  • 16 Oct 2016 - Website has been recently updated.
  • 13 Sept 2016 - We have a new sticky thread on Nexus! The original thread is here.
  • 09 Sept 2016 - New "BSN Modders" page on the website, aimed specifically at BSN Project authors
  • 08 Sept 2016 - New BSN message upon logging into the site. Makes clear all player content will be removed in the near future.

LEGACY STAFF (ACTIVE)

• BCN Coordinator -- Moho25/Giftfish
  • Lead Inventorier -- Tarshana

Note: Do not PM Moho25 or Tarshana with BCN questions. Ask your question in the thread or PM the BCN account directly (see link at top).

FORMER STAFF (INACTIVE)

• Inventorier -- Creeperlava
  • Inventorier -- Shae
  • Inventorier -- QuarianAnalyst
  • Inventorier -- Sunshinenbrick
Edited by moho25

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone: I'm sorry I disappeared. We had a sudden death in the family we've been dealing with and I've been sleeping pretty poorly since then. I want to get back to contributing when I'm feeling better. I can say one of my Autoit scripts has been running the whole time, though, and I will soon have every post in the Dragon Age forums downloaded as an .html file if anyone wants my copy.

Thanks, Dark0ne. I was actually a bit confused and wondered what happened to the post.

Sorry to hear about your loss, krlewis. You and your family have my condolences. We'll still be here when you're ready :)

Edited by moho25

Everyone: I'm sorry I disappeared. We had a sudden death in the family we've been dealing with and I've been sleeping pretty poorly since then. I want to get back to contributing when I'm feeling better. I can say one of my Autoit scripts has been running the whole time, though, and I will soon have every post in the Dragon Age forums downloaded as an .html file if anyone wants my copy.

I am sorry for your loss :(

I will probably want a copy at some point just to make sure I can save all the guides properly for people to have information they might want. I have almost finished downloading the empty project pages... about 2k of them which we can use to keep track of the project list IDs you made. I have already started to compile a list of Empty File projects. There are a lot >.0

Thankfully with modders like Otte, Ele, Wyldsong, Sunjammer and others we have been getting a lot of support and people helping move their own projects and keep the Toolset wiki and program alive. I think we have succeeded quite a bit since the shenanigans have started and very little will be lost.

I want to make a personal remark on the polls from the BSN Legacy site: These are really difficult to download and I have no idea why. Some might be lost so if there are any polls that you really like to know about, well, read them now and take a screenshot. It is not a high priority and I hope you can understand.

-T