Why does Windhelm hate me?

klingongal

I've never had this problem before, and I use VERY LITTLE MODS. I'm extremely conservative when it comes to mod use because I don't want anything clashing.

So...I wanted to get some nice hair. I spent an entire day, studying how to install SKSE. (I am not particularly computer savvy). I installed it correctly, I do believe, according to about four thousand videos I watched here, on Steam and on Youtube.

Next: I decided NOT to install anything that required SKSI, but instead left it there JUST INCASE.

However, I did install a stand alone mod with a few hairstyles that did not rely on SKSE. Worked just fine. I also installed that romance mod with Bishop in it (HEY. I'm an old married lady and that's all I'm gonna say about that!) Still...working fine.

At some time along the way, I also had my other stuff still installed....oh, let's see....a few DLC-type mods, like "Cutting Room Floor", "Helgen Reborn", "Moonpath to Elsweyr", "The Forgotten City", "Falskaar"....all worked fine....oh, yes, at some time I started finding it difficult to enter Windhelm. Like...I would fast travel there, and the game would CTD. I would go to the stables and try to enter the city, and half the time I could get in and half I couldn''t (again, CTD). Sometimes I would restart and when I restarted the game I wouldn't be back at where I was when the computer crashed - I would be inside Windhelm.

So, I thought it must be some kind of problem with the mods. So I deactivated a bunch of newer mods. This is what I'm running now:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Patch

Falskaar.esm

explore tamriel.esp

JKs Skyrim.esp

Birdsofskyrim.esp

Bishop.esp

Inigo.esp

This is looking at NMM (I don't see the Romance mod listed but I'm running it)

I'm still having problems getting into Windhelm even after starting a totally new game.

Any suggestions?

Answering my own question: apparantly JK's Skyrim was causing the problem. Just too many navmeshes or whatever - too much stuff to process when I landed in Windhelm. I have almost every mod going except JK's Skyrim and it's not crashing. Guess I shall have to get used to the drab cities again, or install each town individually and NOT install Windhelm.

Yes JK's Skyrim was the problem but it is innocent of any harm, since you haven't patch TESV.exe allocated memory usage, known has Sheson Patch, there two ways do this SKSE.ini or SSME. There a third option Crash Fixes, it requires SKSE Pre-Loader (original code by Sheson)

SSME does not require SKSE but can't be installed by Mod Manager

Pick one to increase Game Stability, they all have Requirements. With the Deepest Respect you must

• Give your First Born To Sheson