Skyrim crash due to a missing NiNode

Bomsi12

Does anyone know what to do when this error pops up?

"Skyrim has crashed due to a missing NiNode. This could indicate an incompatible skeleton, make sure you:

1. Have XPMS skeleton installed.

2. Dont have another skeleton overwrite XPMS in your mod manager.

3. Have run FNIS.

If this happened while you removed a clothing item, its definitely incompatible skeleton."

I did everything the error directed me to do. I made sure XPMS was installed and not overwritten, I ran FNIS and it did NOT happen while I removed an item. I even get this error after uninstalling all the animation mods I have, and its quite random as well. Last save it was around Winterhold, so I couldnt enter without getting this error. This new game, its Windhelm. Simply cant load into the city without getting ctd with this error.

Please help, its annoying.

Edited by Bomsi12

The problem might be cause by footprint but the log doesn't say anything really, it just says there was an error with a quest just after footprints was initialized but i don't think they are connected.

Make sure the xpmse skeleton is in the very last place in your install order. Note that I do mean *install* order, not load order. If you're using mod organizer ensure that there is no skeleton in your overwrite folder. Also if you have any other mods that effect skeletons, not just humanoid skeleton but creatures too, try disable and test.

Make sure the xpmse skeleton is in the very last place in your install order. Note that I do mean *install* order, not load order. If you're using mod organizer ensure that there is no skeleton in your overwrite folder. Also if you have any other mods that effect skeletons, not just humanoid skeleton but creatures too, try disable and test.

I got so sick of this error, I have just uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim completely. Im adding the mods I need, and Im not getting into the stupid animation mods again. If this doesnt work, for the life of me, I have no idea whats going on.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ran into the same problem. Did you find the solution? Can you post your mod list?

I havent found a solution. There's literally nothing about it when you google the issue. Reinstalling Skyrim didnt work. Uninstalling the mods didnt work. Like I have no clue, but for whatever reason I think the error only happens at certain places. On the road to Kynesgrove, when you enter Windhelm and when you enter Winterhold. I havent had the issue anywhere else SO FAR.

post your mod setup info using modwatch: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56640/?

when you reinstalled skyrim you made sure it was 100% vanilla following something like this guide(disabling all the mods from NMM often leaves stuff from mods on the skyrim folder): http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Make_Skyrim_Vanilla_Again

I've encountered this problem in completely different places (on the road from Helgen (consistent), loading a save in Riverwood (not so consistent). I'm starting to wonder if it's correctly diagnosed by Crash fixes.
First thing I thought: "It's a dog". It sorta makes sense considering the places and the fact that XPMSE doesn't touch this skeleton so its re-installation has no effect. The canine skeleton was installed by Realistic Ragdolls and Force, but for all that I know some other mod can have it's own skeleton in BSA. Or RRnF doesn't like the Havok fix in "Bug Fixes". Or... reasons.

Anyway, for now I just installed FNIS creatures (which I didn't need before), so all creature skeletons and behaviors are properly overwritten by FNIS. Let's see if it helps.
Now, if only Skyrim would stop "FootLK" crashes on load due to "too much animations"...