Skyrim crash due to a missing NiNode

Bomsi12

Nah, it didn't help. Guess its complete re-install for me as well.
It seems like some rogue skeleton in some none-animation mod.

Edit: looking at your mod list, that's what we have in common:

Skyrim.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch
Campfire
Gray Fox Cowl
SGHairPack
EnhancedLightsandFX
JKs Skyrim
RealisticWaterTwo
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul
Undeath
Weathered Road Signs
Guard Dialogue Overhaul
Book of UUNP Iron And Steel
Immersive Weapons
SkyrimsUniqueTreasures
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary
SMIM-Merged-All
RealisticWaterTwoWaves
RealisticWaterTwo - Dragonborn
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Dawnguard
RealisticWaterTwo - Dawnguard
TheEyesOfBeauty
Faction Crossbows
SkyUI
Vivid Weathers
Chesko_WearableLantern
Footprints
RaceMenu
WetandCold
WetandCold - Ashes
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic
Alternate Start - Live Another Life
Now, I've used Campfore, Frostfall, Realistic Water, Vivid Weathers, Faction Crossbows, SkyUI, Wet&Cold, RaceMenu, Gray Fox Cowl. Undeath, Realistic Ragdolls and ELFX in the past without any issues.
So, my money is on the Book of UNP as it's the only one here that can mess with skeletons.
Edited by Ramagast

post your mod setup info using modwatch: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56640/?

when you reinstalled skyrim you made sure it was 100% vanilla following something like this guide(disabling all the mods from NMM often leaves stuff from mods on the skyrim folder): http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Make_Skyrim_Vanilla_Again

I will do this. I'm also pretty sure it was all vanilla skyrim when I reinstalled it.

Here it is: https://modwat.ch/u/Bomsi12

Edited by Bomsi12

Nah, it didn't help. Guess its complete re-install for me as well.

It seems like some rogue skeleton in some none-animation mod.

Edit: looking at your mod list, that's what we have in common:

Skyrim.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch
Campfire
Gray Fox Cowl
SGHairPack
EnhancedLightsandFX
JKs Skyrim
RealisticWaterTwo
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul
Undeath
Weathered Road Signs
Guard Dialogue Overhaul
Book of UUNP Iron And Steel
Immersive Weapons
SkyrimsUniqueTreasures
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary
SMIM-Merged-All
RealisticWaterTwoWaves
RealisticWaterTwo - Dragonborn
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Dawnguard
RealisticWaterTwo - Dawnguard
TheEyesOfBeauty
Faction Crossbows
SkyUI
Vivid Weathers
Chesko_WearableLantern
Footprints
RaceMenu
WetandCold
WetandCold - Ashes
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic
Alternate Start - Live Another Life
Now, I've used Campfore, Frostfall, Realistic Water, Vivid Weathers, Faction Crossbows, SkyUI, Wet&Cold, RaceMenu, Gray Fox Cowl. Undeath, Realistic Ragdolls and ELFX in the past without any issues.

So, my money is on the Book of UNP as it's the only one here that can mess with skeletons.

Im not sure what it will take to fix this. The only thing I have discovered that MIGHT be involved is that I have used a tool called NIF healer, and it cannot process a few nif files that I have. I'm not sure if that means anything, you know since I have litereally no idea what Im doing. I've also never had this issue before, with all of the same mods. It's like.. Right after I FIXED the random crashes in my game, this started to happen. SIGH

Hi, I apologize if this is out of left field, but I saw your thread and had to take a look. I was having the exact same Missing NiNode problem (you can even find the thread on page 2 right now), and after looking at your mod list we have something in common: The Book of UUNP Iron and Steel. Hate too say it, but that is most likely whats causing issues, and I am almost 100% sure of that. It's an awesome mod, but the creator has left out a lot of pieces, and has even said himself on the post section that some armors have "node issues". Sadly he has yet to fix this issue, although more and more people seem to be having it. I would say just uninstall it and check back later to see if it's actually been worked on.

Edited by cidthedarkangel

Hi, I apologize if this is out of left field, but I saw your thread and had to take a look. I was having the exact same Missing NiNode problem (you can even find the thread on page 2 right now), and after looking at your mod list we have something in common: The Book of UUNP Iron and Steel. Hate too say it, but that is most likely whats causing issues, and I am almost 100% sure of that. It's an awesome mod, but the creator has left out a lot of pieces, and has even said himself on the post section that some armors have "node issues". Sadly he has yet to fix this issue, although more and more people seem to be having it. I would say just uninstall it and check back later to see if it's actually been worked on.

Thank you for the info, I will try to disable the mod. Do you think it's enough to uninstall it in NMM, or do I have to manually delete the files ?

Yup, disabling it should be just fine, thats all I did. For me it got to the point where the game would crash around windhelm consistently, and finally it crashed when I try to start a new game. All because of the missing node issue. I can't say I'm 100% absolutely sure, but the moment I turned it off everything worked fine again. Occam's razor and all that

For me installing HDT extension and optional download - Bounce Pack, which seems to actually be a requirement - fixed the problem for a time being. If I'll still get a crash in the future, I'll disable it (which will be troublesome as it's included in Bashed Patch along with a lot of custom edits to leveled lists that will be lost in rebuilding the patch.

Yup, disabling it should be just fine, thats all I did. For me it got to the point where the game would crash around windhelm consistently, and finally it crashed when I try to start a new game. All because of the missing node issue. I can't say I'm 100% absolutely sure, but the moment I turned it off everything worked fine again. Occam's razor and all that

So I disabled it in NMM, and continued the game from where I would usually crash (Windhelm), and I managed to actually enter Windhelm!!! O: I have to play for longer to be sure. but it seems good so far!

For me installing HDT extension and optional download - Bounce Pack, which seems to actually be a requirement - fixed the problem for a time being. If I'll still get a crash in the future, I'll disable it (which will be troublesome as it's included in Bashed Patch along with a lot of custom edits to leveled lists that will be lost in rebuilding the patch.

Yeah, that really bugs me. The author lists it as both a required and optional file, but then in the files section it's specifically listed under "optional". Personally when I first started using the mod I tried it with and without the bounce pack, and I was still getting CTDs. A bashed patch did seem to help for a while, but it wasn't permanent in my instance.

I don't have the Book of UUNP Iron and Steel and I just encountered the same crash message. Mine happened while on the quest The Wolf Queen Awakened (potema's second quest; talk to Styrr, etc. etc.). I CTD'd 3 times while going through the catacombs; the last time was in the room with the spinning light and room full of undead. I don't believe it's the Book of UUNP because I don't have that installed, and there is a bug associated with the Wolf Queen Awakened: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:The_Wolf_Queen_Awakened (crash to desktop bug) (for those that have it happen during this quest line). Something to do with clothing (which I don't have in my mesh clothing folder) on Potema.