Screenshot help needed

Moksha8088

My way of taking screenshots in Skyrim was to enter the console and use the TM command and possibly the TFC command as well, then hit the PrintScreen key.

I can do those same procedures in Fallout 4 except I cannot find the screenshots in the Fallout 4 folder. Is there something needing to be enabled in the game or some arcane folder the screenshots are hiding in or perhaps different commands are needed?

Incidental info (but not intended to sidetrack the question): I start the game with either NMM or the F4SE.exe.

I do not have FO 4, but in other FO games, in the configuration file,

under Display, there is the line:

bAllowScreenShot=1

that allows screenshots to be saved.

In Steam, F12 to take screenshot. Don't forget to use TGP in console to freeze/unfreeze time, but type TFC first unless you want to freeze the camera..

Might also want to use SUCSM for camera movement speed (enter value between 1 to 20) and use FOV (+value between 1 and 180) to alter field of view.

You can set it up in Steam so that it also saves as uncompressed .png in a folder of your choice, as well as standard .jpg [this one is default]

Steam will pop a screenshot window up once you exit the game; this gives you the option of selecting all images, deleting the one/s selected or opening up the folder the .jpg's are held in.

I checked the Fallout4.ini under My Games and there was a line that said bAllowScreenShot=1. Screenshots still do not save to the Fallout 4 folder with PrintScreen, but when I used F12 and eventually exited the game, the Steam option save came up. Seems convenient to have a save in jpg rather than bmp and needing another program to convert it to jpg or pgn.

• 2 weeks later...

I checked the Fallout4.ini under My Games and there was a line that said bAllowScreenShot=1. Screenshots still do not save to the Fallout 4 folder with PrintScreen, but when I used F12 and eventually exited the game, the Steam option save came up. Seems convenient to have a save in jpg rather than bmp and needing another program to convert it to jpg or pgn.

That is indeed true. Steam does not automatically download your screenies. They are saved on your 'puter. What I do is open the screenshot uploader, then click the Show On Disk button. Whatever shots you took will be in there. In the same window, I just transfer them over to another folder and work on 'em from there.

Edited by parrotheada1a