This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

xenxander

That wouldn't work, Then the quote, "spammers or users creating those profiles for ‘other than appropriate’ activity." would just use a name that meets your approved class. And there may be a reason a poster picked a name with more than 3 digits after it - although your reason is the most likely. We need something that would allow the moderators to readily cull the inappropriate posters without getting any legitimate members.

This is one of the friendliest game sites on the internet, Maybe we have to put up with some abusers and trust the moderators to keep it friendly. Personally I don't want to see strict posting rules that will make it difficult for the 'noobs' remember we were all noobs once.

Not least to mention the fact that it wouldn't be time efficient at all. Similarly the people with numbers in their name aren't necessarily spammers, they're just far more likely to be the people who are registering just to download mods and do not care about their visible presence on the site.

At the time I read this, Dark0ne's posts read 7500. You deserve a cake! *bakes one and gives it over*

Alright, humor aside I see your point of view and true my method isn't the most fair, even if it has meritt. Thanks for the reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I have a suggestion for a sub-forum , but first a little background.

About 18 months ago I started playing Oblivion and soon got interested

in modding. On anf off I have been training and making my own small private mods.

But now after making 6 housemods , I think that my latest are good enough for uploading

on Tesnexus. I have been working on it for about 3 months and I must admit that I take

my modding seriously.

But the case is that I need someone I can trust to test it before I "throw it for the lions"

on Tesnexus.

Therefore I think it would be nice if there was a sub-forum where modders could get

in contact with people who would be willing to test mods and could be trusted not to

"steal" ideas and publish them in their own name.

What do you think ?

• 2 weeks later...

I have great suggestion. And, you better do it, or else ... nothing, haha.

Ok, here goes: In the download section, wouldn't it be nice that when you return from downloading or viewing that the spot that you initially clicked was highlighted.

• 1 month later...
any way to change my username?

greets

Nope. You'd need to create a new account. If you have uploaded files under your Sonck account, you can give your new account access rights.

LHammonds

Not least to mention the fact that it wouldn't be time efficient at all. Similarly the people with numbers in their name aren't necessarily spammers, they're just far more likely to be the people who are registering just to download mods and do not care about their visible presence on the site.

Not to spam or anything, but that ^ is EXACTLY why my user name is what it is. I wish it were a bit different now...

Oh yeah. Dark0ne, what ever happened to the "Video-Share" section that you were talking about a while ago? :huh:

Is there a way you could make it so the download links are direct file links, so that i can use them with download managers (I use Flashget)? Or even better, can anyone tell me why my Windows Vista has suddenly begun to fail at every download, and try to automatically run most? (ALL downloads fail with Windows, which is rather frustrating)

Vista could have been tampered with by my little brother to automatically run some types of downloads, but i only got vista a few months ago, and I'm not sure how to change how files are downloaded. Anyways its not that this would really matter, because those that do download by saving manually, never appear :wallbash: o_O

I'm not quite sure where to post this, because it is a problem I'm having with the site, but not necessarily in any way the site's fault, its my computer's fault.

:thanks: in advance

• 1 month later...

I cannot download anything off of this site. The post above would have me think that it's something to do with my laptop's copy of Vista. Any solutions?

E: My error message

Not Found
The requested URL /downloads/file/download.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.41 Server at www.tesnexus.com Port 80

2E: Never mind, I just had to enable javascript for this site. My fault.