This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

I wonder if it is posible to implement an automatic PM system so that when some of the rules are changed(ex: the hole image share thingy) every member will receive a PM that explains what has been changed. This way we can avoid confusion and considering it's a PM more people will read it, becouse I noticed that very few bother to read the "Network news and announcements ". If you take a long brake and then return only to find out that you are banned soon after becouse of something you used to do before with no problems, but the present rules do not allow that anymore. I know that people should read the rules every once in a while, but you know this is not happening and we may lose good members that mean no harm becouse of this. It's just a suggestion, I'm not even sure it's posible considering the huge number of members Nexus has, but I noticed some sites have this implemented and it helps a lot knowing what changed before you actualy use it.

Cheers,

Pushkatu!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dark0ne,

Just wondering am I the only one who's having issues viewing files? I click on the file link, but the actual file doesn't show up - only the site directories on the top and right of the screen. I'm using Google Chrome and had no issues with this a few days ago. Apologies if this is a known-issue or you have already posted about it somewhere.

Thanks!

I have a suggestion if it's not out of line or hasn't already been done. How about a huge warning or notification for people uploading to music categories about copyright? I have personally reported lots of rips, and they keep showing up. Right now there's a Lord of the Rings rip that's just been uploaded. Personally I can only conclude that people just don't understand what is and is not permitted in regards to music uploading. My 2¢ anyway.

SavageArtistry: Some of them might not understand, but I'm willing to bet a lot of them do, and just don't care thinking they won't be pulled up on it (an incorrect thought in almost all cases I would presume). I do agree though, it's happened far too much. It's just I doubt the 'I didn't know' nature of some of the uploaders, but that's my own personal feelings on the situation.

This should also apply to voice packs and replacers, as far as I recall the voices of game\movies characters also fall under copyright restrictions the same as music from any soundtrack or music album.

SavageArtistry: Some of them might not understand, but I'm willing to bet a lot of them do, and just don't care thinking they won't be pulled up on it (an incorrect thought in almost all cases I would presume). I do agree though, it's happened far too much. It's just I doubt the 'I didn't know' nature of some of the uploaders, but that's my own personal feelings on the situation.

This should also apply to voice packs and replacers, as far as I recall the voices of game\movies characters also fall under copyright restrictions the same as music from any soundtrack or music album.

Actually, I agree with you. I just didn't want to word it in a "they should know better" way and cause too much ire in the forum populace. Every time I see another illegal music pack I just want to facepalm because with so many music packs getting removed, it would seem people would notice and stop doing it.

You would think so wouldn't you? Unfortunately, this does not appear to be the case; so much for learn by example... (the example being the removal of such mods beforehand).

As for "cause too much ire in the forum populace." If those that persist in the knowledge that what they do is wrong, they can complain all they wish, it will get them nowhere - there are rules, and then there are laws. Neither of which are to disobeyed as far as this site is concerned (as it should be with any hosting\forum system).

To those that truly do not know the technicalities and legal status of their works and mods, all I can suggest is to check for themselves and perhaps ask others and the staff of any mod hosting site before uploading the material.

It saves a lot of time and also a lot of confused anger amongst the masses if these details are dealt with before the community is even made aware of the mods existence. Giving the creator the chance to alter\fix their work before it is subjected to the opinions of the open community and whatever remaining faults (if any) it contains, as well as it's good qualities and perhaps even areas of praise for the modder(s) in question.

I have been looking up and down for an answer to this, and I just can't seem to find it...

What are these new items and what do they signify?

AP

AP Rank

It is in the News section of the Nexus sites as well as this article

LHammonds

I have been looking up and down for an answer to this, and I just can't seem to find it...

What are these new items and what do they signify?

AP

AP Rank

Here Activity points

Edit: Ups didn't notice that LHammonds already answered.