This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

FEATURE REQUEST/SUGGESTION: I, every once in a while, get a pop up about Mods I have downloaded but not endorsed; this is helpful in reminding to support the mods I like. How about a pop up with Mods that have updated since my last download? If I like the Mod and am continuing to use it I would imagine I would want updates but as I have a lot of Mods installed it is a long list to follow up on. Just my two caps worth....

GarbageBug

FEATURE REQUEST/SUGGESTION: I, every once in a while, get a pop up about Mods I have downloaded but not endorsed; this is helpful in reminding to support the mods I like. How about a pop up with Mods that have updated since my last download? If I like the Mod and am continuing to use it I would imagine I would want updates but as I have a lot of Mods installed it is a long list to follow up on. Just my two caps worth....

GarbageBug

Most mod managers will tell you that your mods have updates when there are any.

• 2 weeks later...

Having trouble downloading mods through nexus mod manager. Whenever i want to download mods they wont appear on NMM. I have to use 7-zip then move them to NMM. Also do i have to extract the mod in 7-zip before i add them to NMM? Im really new to mods and like some instruction on how to properly install them.

Having trouble downloading mods through nexus mod manager. Whenever i want to download mods they wont appear on NMM. I have to use 7-zip then move them to NMM. Also do i have to extract the mod in 7-zip before i add them to NMM? Im really new to mods and like some instruction on how to properly install them.

As this is the "site" feedback, suggestions and questions section, help for use of NMM is here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/439-open-beta-feedback/

But no, you don't have to extract the mods' archives before adding them "from file" into the NMM. The NMM accepts multiple different archive formats for that way of manually adding mods.

(You should explain what you mean by "I have to use 7-zip" in your help request over there though, if you next ask if you have to extract the archives before you add them into NMM, as that's the only thing you do using 7-zip in this context, unless you mean to re-pack a previously extracted archive by this.)