This is the site feedback/questions section

• Please log in to reply
2673 replies to this topic

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,124 posts
NexusMods has been painfully slow since the last few days (maybe one week).

The site is very much up and very much working - from what you're saying it sounds like there might be connectivity issues in Asia but I haven't heard anything about this myself. We haven't changed anything or touched anything and we have not had any downtime reports from Pingdom and other services we use to monitor our uptime.

PinkSamantha

PinkSamantha

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Hey, Robin. Thanks for the reply.

I think it's temporary. It seems fine now (05:33 in the morning in Tokyo now). The access is unusually slow during evening or midnight time (around 19:00/07:00PM to 03:00/03:00AM JST). I used VPN with servers in Europe to access Nexus during that time. Maybe there's heavy congestion in Asia (or the servers in Asia) during Tokyo's evening/midnight hours.

Renjibadboy

Renjibadboy

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

for me large mods are slow and small mods go fast

Azwraiths

Azwraiths

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Simple suggestion for "Nexusmods.com" website when browsing mods.

Adding another filter that show only the Mods you have downloaded.

JimmyRJump

JimmyRJump

MoralMinority

• Premium Member
  • 10,806 posts

Simple suggestion for "Nexusmods.com" website when browsing mods.

Adding another filter that show only the Mods you have downloaded.

Go to your profile on the mod side of the Nexus, hit "Mods" at the top and select "Download History" from the drop-down menu.  That shows 'em all.  You can do the same thing on the mod page for each game individually to show what you've downloaded for that game.

OhKeefer

OhKeefer

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 2 posts

RE: Skyrim mods.  Just wondering if I'm using the search function wrong or what. If I copy a filename or description from an installed mod and dump it in the search box, sometimes -- too many if you ask me -- nothing is found. The results are just a box with the word filename and my selection. But, and here's the clincher, if I go into my mod manager and select from the mod in question "View on Nexus", BOOM!, there it is. Example: The mod "My Home Is Your Home" downloads as"MHYH_121-18045-1-21.zip" but if I put "MHYH" in the search box then I get nada. Am I supposed to enter the complete filename? If so how broken is the search that it can't get there from a partial?

TheGreatFalro

TheGreatFalro

The Devil You Don't

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

RE: Skyrim mods.  Just wondering if I'm using the search function wrong or what. If I copy a filename or description from an installed mod and dump it in the search box, sometimes -- too many if you ask me -- nothing is found. The results are just a box with the word filename and my selection. But, and here's the clincher, if I go into my mod manager and select from the mod in question "View on Nexus", BOOM!, there it is. Example: The mod "My Home Is Your Home" downloads as"MHYH_121-18045-1-21.zip" but if I put "MHYH" in the search box then I get nada. Am I supposed to enter the complete filename? If so how broken is the search that it can't get there from a partial?

The search currently does not search the filename.  By default it only searches the mod title, and under "refine results" you can also search the description, author, and uploader.

M48A5

M48A5

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,435 posts

The search is incredibly stupid and will only search for the exact phrase or combination of letters you enter in the search box. 

It took a site update to be able to get a correct result using the letters FWE, even though that is the beginning of the mod title.

1ae0bfb8

1ae0bfb8

I don't suffer fools

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts

save yourself a world of frustration and use google to search for whatever it is you need, but add the site:nexusmods.com to ensure that it only searches its cache of pages from the nexusmods website.

ozian1

ozian1

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

i am ponder on  why so many mods can have so many bugs, thay can have 15, 30 bugs 50 or more somone should blockt or something

Page loaded in: 0.951 seconds