This is the site feedback/questions section

• Please log in to reply
3006 replies to this topic

DoctorKaizeld

DoctorKaizeld

That's Miss Dr. Sir Inquisitor to you

• Premium Member
  • 10,365 posts

Hi, Im having problems when downloading any mod bigger than 100 MB, be with Vortex, Mod Manager 2, or manual download (from browser) (i have checked from multiple browsers and even from my phone)

This started to happend just after the website was down this past Feb 9.

What can i do to solve this? Im the only one having this issue? 
I wish i could show a few pictures of the errors, but i do not know how to attach pictures in this forum.

Thanks for the help.

Pd: I read in past answers something about an "special adult image share" what is that about? never heard of it.

Update: Checked with different games, all the same if the file is bigger than 100 MB: it fails halfway thought, no matter the game or what i use to download it. 

Uptime.com ( [/size]
https://uptime.com/n...l-domain-health)shows that the HTTP and servers packages are giving errors, so maybe its not just me, though i would like to confirm with other people/adminds since im doing multiple installations for multiple games  (Fresh pc and im getting all my heavy modded games in order again) , maybe this last bit was unnecesary, im not used to forums lol.[/size]

Support image section. The nsfw rules are relaxed and it is only viewable by premium and supporter users

JessDegurechaff

JessDegurechaff

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Did you check the pinned thread in this forum which links to our Download Troubleshooter

Hi, Im having problems when downloading any mod bigger than 100 MB, be with Vortex, Mod Manager 2, or manual download (from browser) (i have checked from multiple browsers and even from my phone)

This started to happend just after the website was down this past Feb 9.

What can i do to solve this? Im the only one having this issue? 
I wish i could show a few pictures of the errors, but i do not know how to attach pictures in this forum.

Thanks for the help.

Pd: I read in past answers something about an "special adult image share" what is that about? never heard of it.

Update: Checked with different games, all the same if the file is bigger than 100 MB: it fails halfway thought, no matter the game or what i use to download it. 

Uptime.com ( 
https://uptime.com/n...l-domain-health)shows that the HTTP and servers packages are giving errors, so maybe its not just me, though i would like to confirm with other people/adminds since im doing multiple installations for multiple games  (Fresh pc and im getting all my heavy modded games in order again) , maybe this last bit was unnecesary, im not used to forums lol.

Did you check the pinned thread in this forum which links to our Download Troubleshooter

Just did, will open up a new topic, but will still post that same thread here in case that makes the solution faster.    Thanks for the help. 

JessDegurechaff

JessDegurechaff

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

(pasted from the new topic i created following the Article about download issues)

Hi there, just as an admin suggested i followed the article for Download issues, so here is the post that the article reccomends, sorry for any typo as English is not my main language:

This issue started after the website was down this past feb 9, since then whenever i download any mod bigger than 200MB (and most of the time, even less) the download fails halfway through, no mater if its a manual download (checked used multiple browsers), using vortex, Mod Manager, Mod Manager 2, etc.    Only from my phone the download works as normal (manual download)

Using the template given in the article heres my info: 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Internet Service Provider (ISP): Tigo Une- Edatel

Average Download Speed (non-Nexus downloads): 660Kb/s max speed.     500Kb/s average speed.  

Download tests:

Amsterdam: 320Kb/s
Prague: 475Kb/s
LA: 520kb/s
Chicago: 525Kb/s
Miami: 514Kb/s
Singapore: 270-340 Kb/s
Premium CDN: 610Kb/s

Download links: 

Large file: https://www.nexusmod...00&game_id=1704

Small file:  https://www.nexusmod...41&game_id=1704

TraceRoute results: (Since is on spanish i will translate what i think is relevant)

Microsoft Windows [Versión 10.0.19042.746]
© 2020 Microsoft Corporation. Todos los derechos reservados.

C:\Users\Jess>tracert files.nexus-cdn.com

Traza a la dirección files.nexus-cdn.com [195.181.162.41]
sobre un máximo de 30 saltos:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.254
  2   118 ms   116 ms   114 ms  190.248.0.242
  3    60 ms    71 ms    69 ms  static-adsl200-24-34-56.epm.net.co [200.24.34.56]
  4   142 ms   132 ms   130 ms  static-adsl200-24-33-101.epm.net.co [200.24.33.101]
  5   171 ms   162 ms   170 ms  static-adsl200-24-33-99.epm.net.co [200.24.33.99]
  6   176 ms   170 ms   171 ms  jax-b1-link.telia.net [62.115.146.170]
  7   174 ms   176 ms   180 ms  mai-b2-link.ip.twelve99.net [62.115.118.225]
  8   165 ms   166 ms   164 ms  datacamp-ic-357607-mai-b1.c.telia.net [195.12.254.178]
  9    77 ms    86 ms    86 ms  vl204.mia-cl2-dist-2.cdn77.com [185.229.188.69]
 10     *       97 ms     *     unn-195-181-162-41.cdn77.com [195.181.162.41]
 11     *       83 ms     *     unn-195-181-162-41.cdn77.com [195.181.162.41]
 12     *        *        *     Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.                        < ----------------------------------------- (Timeout for this request/Action)      
 13    93 ms     *       96 ms  unn-195-181-162-41.cdn77.com [195.181.162.41]

Traza completa.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There have been no problems regarding my internet, as: No other website, download or anything related have been giving me any error/touble.

Worth mentioning: While writing this post did check once again downloading the two mods: The small (under 20MB) downloaded as normal on all sources (vortex, MM2 , manual etc) the big file failed on everything BUT my phone (manual download of course), transfered to my pc and it installed as normal on any mod manager.

Remember: this only started after the website downtime this past feb 9, before that in all these years using Nexus no download have been giving me any errors.

Update: Tried to download mods from 2 different pcs on my house, same issue, used internet from a friend house and also had that same issue. Maybe the servers of this country? 

JessDegurechaff

JessDegurechaff

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Did i posted on the wrong place and theres a special forum for this kind of problems?

JessDegurechaff

JessDegurechaff

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

(irrelevant now so i deleted what i typed here)

DoctorKaizeld

DoctorKaizeld

That's Miss Dr. Sir Inquisitor to you

• Premium Member
  • 10,365 posts

Did i posted on the wrong place and theres a special forum for this kind of problems?

Yes you posted in the wrong spot. This thread is not for this.

Posting Template
Finally, you should create a new topic on the forums including the test results. If you like, you can use this format by copying it and replacing the sample data with your information:

You start a new thread here: https://forums.nexus...-and-questions/

JessDegurechaff

JessDegurechaff

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Yes you posted in the wrong spot. This thread is not for this.

Posting Template
Finally, you should create a new topic on the forums including the test results. If you like, you can use this format by copying it and replacing the sample data with your information:

You start a new thread here: https://forums.nexus...-and-questions/

already did, but no responses at all

1ae0bfb8

1ae0bfb8

Resident Hero

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,110 posts

time difference. the site is located in the uk and there isn't 24/7 support. have a bit of patience or search the forums for solutions - there are many.

MythDinoex

MythDinoex

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

PLEASE, can you guys use the block tags function or add a filter to remove translations on the "mods requiring this file" section? It is SO annoying having to filter through the clutter (take helgen reborn as a small example) when you're trying to find patches sometimes. I already have the translations tag blocked on site preferences but that doesn't apply to mod pages, and I would say that translations are one of the worst offenders when looking for patches considering how common they are. Before anyone attack me, english is not my primary language.

Edited by MythDinoex, 16 February 2021 - 04:36 AM.

Escrotano

Escrotano

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Why when I click to "slow download" it doesn't work? It appears that I clicked it but nothing drops, I tried with other type of links and it works perfectly. What can I do?

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.178 seconds