This is the site feedback/questions section

• Please log in to reply
2886 replies to this topic

showler

showler

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,290 posts

Before you say "ALL comments" you might want to consider that some mods have 30,000+ posts in their comments.

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 19,275 posts

I'd like to see an option on a mods 'posts' tab, to be able to display ALL comments on a single page. So if I'm searching through the comments for a specific word/phrase/question, I don't have to repeat the search 3000 times for every page of comments.

Oh, and same thing for the 'bugs' tab. have the option of displaying ALL bug posts. for the same reason as above. Now that I think about it, please just have an option to 'display all' for every tab.

Please and Thanks.

If you search a post for a specific word, it shows you ALL comments that contain that word, and it has the page numbers on the bottom so you can go through all the pages.
What are you doing?
Searching for a word, then looking at ONE page of a multipage post, then searching for the word AGAIN?

watson1996

watson1996

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 73 posts

Before you say "ALL comments" you might want to consider that some mods have 30,000+ posts in their comments.

Correct, some mod pages have a ton of replies/comments. Clarification, perhaps not a button to display all 30k+ comments all at once but a 'show more' where the next set of 10-20 posts are shown w/o having to click to the next page. Or perhaps a search field function to check the entire section for the desired search term/phrase.

I'd like to see an option on a mods 'posts' tab, to be able to display ALL comments on a single page. So if I'm searching through the comments for a specific word/phrase/question, I don't have to repeat the search 3000 times for every page of comments.

Oh, and same thing for the 'bugs' tab. have the option of displaying ALL bug posts. for the same reason as above. Now that I think about it, please just have an option to 'display all' for every tab.

Please and Thanks.

If you search a post for a specific word, it shows you ALL comments that contain that word, and it has the page numbers on the bottom so you can go through all the pages.
What are you doing?
Searching for a word, then looking at ONE page of a multipage post, then searching for the word AGAIN?

Yes, many of the popular mods have many pages of comments in the comment section "posts" tab. With no 'search' field to look for a specific term/phrase or the ability to load all comments on a single page, I have to use my browser's 'find on page' function to look for the term/phrase on every single page and pray I find what I'm looking for before I hit page 291 of 300

1ae0bfb8

1ae0bfb8

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

go to the forum page for the mod and use the forum search function to search for your text in the specific game forum.

grumorg

grumorg

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

hey hey  just want too share my opninion about the lenght of password requirement. i think its way too long. 12 number/letters i mean... everytime i come back here, happens several times a year. i have too reset the passord becuase i can't remember it.  i mean i have my posswords that i remember and its 11 letters long. adding one extra key to it.. well i never can  remember  THAT  key when i get back here after awhile away. and i get frustrated and its annoying too have too go through the same change password each time .  i mean sure you want it secure, but minimum 12 letters its kinda overdoing it, this is my opinion.  

Druuler

Druuler

Not a Robot, an Android

• Premium Member
  • 8,927 posts

hey hey  just want too share my opninion about the lenght of password requirement. i think its way too long. 12 number/letters i mean... everytime i come back here, happens several times a year. i have too reset the passord becuase i can't remember it.  i mean i have my posswords that i remember and its 11 letters long. adding one extra key to it.. well i never can  remember  THAT  key when i get back here after awhile away. and i get frustrated and its annoying too have too go through the same change password each time .  i mean sure you want it secure, but minimum 12 letters its kinda overdoing it, this is my opinion.  

Use a password manager, or allow your browser to remember log in information.  Or, perhaps, put a note in your cell phone (if you have one) or get a small notebook to write passwords in, and keep it someplace safe.

1ae0bfb8

1ae0bfb8

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

or - make a password of 12 a's. no-one would ever guess that. it's almost unbreakable.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.072 seconds