This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

hi can i check if there is an issue with mod forum page posts and comments?

for example, i am able to post this message you are reading on this actual page here,

but when i try from a mod page, clicking to forum thread, and trying to post a comment on the following mod, it says im not allowed?

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8379278-archmage-khadgars-robes-se/page-27

(the thread looks like it is recently active and not locked as far as i can tell)

i tried another one at random and same thing it wouldnt let me.

thanks

oh, ok thank you for the information

• 4 weeks later...

Well Skyrim pushed a new update and now a not small amount of mods no longer works. Sorting mods by most endorsed is especially useless. More than half of mods on the first page were incompatible even before the newest update, now who knows. Easiest way to fix mod search for mods that are "most probably" not obsolete and outdated is by sorting mods by "date updated since" where you put in an arbitrary date and the site shows all mods that have been updated since that date. The site already has something similar but it only works on the date of publishing, where it shows you mods that have been published since the date you put in, which excludes old but updated mods.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys.

I hope I'm in the right place. I have a little technical issue.

I already have an account under another name, and today, when I tried to log into it, it asked me to verify it via the old e-mail address I used when I registered here.

However, I haven't been active on that e-mail for quite some time, and the e-mail account was deleted, unfortunately.

It was some lousy local e-mail operator that I made when I was kid, before i had gmail address.

Anyway, now I can't verify that it is me, and I would like very much not to lose my old account, along with download history and all.

So I was wondering, would it be possible to just change the e-mail address on that old account to my current gmail address, so I can log into it again?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Hangadrottin

Thank you for the reply.

Indeed, I already tried to find the solution there, but unfortunately, none of those things apply in my case.

I created the account in 2011., I think, and I haven't changed anything on it since then.

I didn't gave my phone number, and the only e-mail address I gave (the only one that I had) was the one I used to register, which is now non-existent.

Things were little simpler back then. :laugh:

Anyway, I'm not really tech-savvy, so I hope I wasn't asking something stupid or impossible. Is there nothing else that can be done?

Edited by Hangadrottin

There's still a slight possibility, but it hinges on you being able to provide the support email with some piece of information that is unique to you and your account that they can verify.

Absent something they can use, it's basically a case of you not protecting your account properly and there's probably nothing they can do.

At the bottom of this and every page in the forums is a link with the title "Contact Us". This is where you should have gone with your problem, not making another account and posting in the open forums. A review of the Terms and Policies (link at the top of this and every page) is necessary here. Pay special attention to the part about multiple accounts being prohibited.

There's still a slight possibility, but it hinges on you being able to provide the support email with some piece of information that is unique to you and your account that they can verify.

Absent something they can use, it's basically a case of you not protecting your account properly and there's probably nothing they can do.

Unfortunately, there was really nothing special about my account, as far as I can recall.

All I can provide is the name of the old account, password, and for the most part, the download history of mods and what games they were for.

And, of course, my IP address would be the same, since I'm living in the same place and using the same computer I used when I was last logged in, which was about year or so ago.

I don't know if that even matters or not (as I said, I'm not that tech-savvy), but anyway, If that won't cover it, then I guess I'll be using this new account then.

It's not that big of a deal, really, but I was hoping something can be done.

Anyway, thank you for trying to help. Appreciate it.

At the bottom of this and every page in the forums is a link with the title "Contact Us". This is where you should have gone with your problem, not making another account and posting in the open forums. A review of the Terms and Policies (link at the top of this and every page) is necessary here. Pay special attention to the part about multiple accounts being prohibited.

Never been on this forum before, and from reading the other posts on this topic, I thought this could be appropriate place for technical issues.

If I was wrong, well, I really am sorry, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't committing some unspeakable evil or breaking into FBI mainframe.

Moderating team can freely delete posts, if they deem them to be so obtrusive. I really don't mind.

As far as the 'multiple accounts' issue is concerned, it seems there won't be any, since judging by what other people said, I will have to continue using this one.

So there, one problem solved all by itself.

Edited by Hangadrottin

Never been on this forum before, and from reading the other posts on this topic, I thought this could be appropriate place for technical issues.

It is, but they don't really deal with anything that includes account issues and personally identifying information here. Public forum vs private email.