This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

I have a question. Some time ago I asked the Moderators to remove a rating from a file (Dwemer Skyship) of mine. Even though the comment/rating is now gone from the comments page, it still shows up in the ratings section. Normally it would be removed there as well, right? Guess the removal process did not work correctly. Could a moderator please change that?

thanks in advance.

ms

I have a question. Some time ago I asked the Moderators to remove a rating from a file (Dwemer Skyship) of mine. Even though the comment/rating is now gone from the comments page, it still shows up in the ratings section. Normally it would be removed there as well, right? Guess the removal process did not work correctly. Could a moderator please change that?

thanks in advance.

ms

Done.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been reported before but it looks like your Virus Scanning or some software is putting HTML codes and more into some ESP files. I started a thread at Bethesda here showing links and examples of added code. This came up while diagnosing problems with Bash, TES4 Gecko and Edit, they kept reporting problems with them but couldn't fix them, I have seen other ESPs but can't recall atm the links. I was told in the thread it looks like something coming from here, not sure.

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.ph...owtopic=1018865

Thanks for any help, with this.

Oh, I can't seem to find the Icon to Rate a file any more, I have been away for several months, but I still see others Rating Files, can someone please tell me where to find the Function?

Not sure if this has been reported before but it looks like your Virus Scanning or some software is putting HTML codes and more into some ESP files. I started a thread at Bethesda here showing links and examples of added code. This came up while diagnosing problems with Bash, TES4 Gecko and Edit, they kept reporting problems with them but couldn't fix them, I have seen other ESPs but can't recall atm the links. I was told in the thread it looks like something coming from here, not sure.

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.ph...owtopic=1018865

Thanks for any help, with this.

Oh, I can't seem to find the Icon to Rate a file any more, I have been away for several months, but I still see others Rating Files, can someone please tell me where to find the Function?

See your thread at the esf, I have the original files and have put them in 7z archives, check and see if the problem still exists in these files.

There is no rating system any longer, look for endorse this file. Information is in this thread:

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=134794

• 2 weeks later...

is it allowed now to post announcements in the file page?

not that i want it at all but id use it if it would be...

i think ratings have to get a slight overwork again :P

basicly i like the new system but one thing bugs me:

COMM mod, 1 non endorsement, reason: didnt get the mod to work...

what can i say... so far everyone has gotten it to work,

i just find it a downgrade form the rather fair ratings the nexus provided so far as now every *selfcensorshiprules* can rate how they want... they should at least be forced to explain their problem in detail if its somin like "mod doesnt work"... wth shoudl i get out of it? cant the person in question read english? do they use linux? did the dog piss on their keyboard? or did they simply forget to activate the mod in the launcher? i have no clue, cant help, but got a bad rating... which i think would be ok if i didnt have a readme included with detailed steps to install a mod, general steps you need for every other mod too...

that one rating doesnt actually bug me so much but the fact that i cant help the person or get in a dialogue with him/her to solve the problem... as of now it looks as if my mod doesnt work even tho it does

was thinking bout sending the person a pm to ask what was wrong and help but seeing that he/she never ever posted a single word nor did express his/her problem, well,... no need for me to go through all that hazzle for someone who doesnt care at all anway... right? wrong?

no clue what would be a better solution right now but it bugs me and i wanted to say so ;)

Umm just saying that people should concentrate into their english, like not making words shorter etc. Because my english is not so good, so it would help me to understand others. And I think that a lot of people has this same problem. Thanks anyway.

And I don't mean everyone is like that. There are a lot of nice people who write clearly. :thanks:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I know this has been beaten to death, but I want to express my opinion and provide a suggestion about the rating system.

(This is after a mini - discussion on the BSG forum.)

The current system only allows for Endorse / Not Endorse. I think it is too limited.

Please consider using the popular rating system used by many companies in their customer service polls:

Very Satisfied

Satisfied

Neutral

Dissatisfied

Very Dissatisfied

Simple, to the point, and much more flexible than just Endorse / Not Endorsed.

I realize this message may not change anything, but, hey, what the hell. I let you know what I think instead of keeping it to myself.

Thanks for reading.

I've noticed a LOT of copyrighted music being added to the files lately.. added and then (thanks to prompt moderator action) removed. In fact there's a music pack from the Witcher listed right now but it's set to hidden while the person presumably is uploading or whatever, so it can't be reported yet.

I don't know what should be suggested about that, but I see it happening several times a week. Maybe some kind of announcement or warning before people go to upload something into certain categories?

When I see it or it is reported, it will be removed after I check it out. I check all downloads daily and remove those that violate our rules on copyright infringement. on this we have a zero tolerance policy.

When I see it or it is reported, it will be removed after I check it out. I check all downloads daily and remove those that violate our rules on copyright infringement. on this we have a zero tolerance policy.

I figured it was something like that and I know you guys are on top of it. I just wonder why people keep on doing it day after day. Anyway, thanks for reading my concern. :thumbsup: