[LE] Exporting Clothes/Armor from Blender 2.77 with newest NifScripts

Nephenee13

Ok so the newest NIFScripts seem to let you import Skyrim nifs properly without futzing about, but now I can't figure out how to export them. I can't find any tutorials for the newest scrips for clothes/armor and I try importing a skeleton and then exporting like I did with Oblivion, but its throwing errors.

Anyone know how to do this? I can't believe its 2016 and we still can't do this smoothly.

I tried this a while ago, and it worked: http://beyondskyrim.org/2016/04/24/exporting-blender-2-7-skyrim/

I just grabbed the Nif Exporter, added it to Blender, and set it up; don't bother with the whole NifUtilSuite stuff.

The only problem is that Blender 2.7+ doesn't seem to save my settings, so I have to export manually (by selecting Skyrim as the game during the export process every time).

I also referred to this forum for troubleshooting the export process (where I found out that you need to set Skyrim as the game during export): http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5988

Edited by ZeroKing

Makes no difference. When you export with your skeleton and mesh rigged together, Blender 2.6 (and newer) saves them as they were imported. Now you do need to re-edit the details for the BSLightingShaderProperty (and etc), because it just saves the texture path and a generic BSLightingShaderProperty subset. You can do that in either Nifskope or in Blender itself; I find easier just to copy-paste the BSLightingShaderProperty block from the original .nif to the newly-exported .nif file.

Curious: what's the error you're getting? Bad bone export? Blender 2.7's nif exporter scripts are still at the alpha-dev stage. Perhaps you could fix the bone weights or add it in differently?

Ok, yeah. Armatures are not actually supported in Blender 2.7+ yet. Try using, say, Outfit Studio or Mesh Rigger to rig and weight your mesh. I used Mesh Rigger to add comparable weight paints and then in Outfit Studio for precision stuff. I do mesh shape editing in Blender only. Something happened with Blender, ever since it was moved to Python 3.4 (I know it's actually harder to work with the newer Python releases, your example is one of them).

• 7 months later...

Got problem with "Nif version dffer!" I have lastest Blender and niftool but but still cant copy branch from vannila file ,cause file version is 20.0.0.5 and Clipboard Data Version is 20.2.0.7 . Changing version in options didnt help. Any solution ?