Whats your all time favorite RPG game.

drmfreezone

That's a hard one :huh:

I can't decide whether I should pick Oblivion or Witcher 3. I absolutely love both of those games and have put hundreds of hours into them. I would say that Oblivion as my first Elder Scrolls game and also one of the first RPGs I got really into would be definitley my #1 choice in terms of nostalgia and immersion but in terms of story and gameplay I have to pick Witcher 3. I played hundreds of RPGs and many of them were very good but those two are the ones that stuck with me the most. These are two of my favourite games of all time and also two of the only games that I can just pick up and play for hours and hours any day so I would put both of them at my number 1. :laugh:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a hard one :huh:

I can't decide whether I should pick Oblivion or Witcher 3. I absolutely love both of those games and have put hundreds of hours into them. I would say that Oblivion as my first Elder Scrolls game and also one of the first RPGs I got really into would be definitley my #1 choice in terms of nostalgia and immersion but in terms of story and gameplay I have to pick Witcher 3. I played hundreds of RPGs and many of them were very good but those two are the ones that stuck with me the most. These are two of my favourite games of all time and also two of the only games that I can just pick up and play for hours and hours any day so I would put both of them at my number 1. :laugh:

Oblivion and Witcher 3 top my list too. Even though it's been 14 years since Oblivion was released, I've *still* never found its equal with regard to character customization, mods etc etc.

I would have gladly paid my $50 in 2006 just for the Construction Set alone, without any included game. :)

Sid Meyer's Civilisation (the first one) on shity DOS 386 pc... Whole summer non stop, without sleep. I found every bug on game and was abusing them. What a time...

EDIT-- in RPG later was DUNE from 1992 whivh had a lot of RPG elements. Than DIABLO 2... And modern times Lineage 2- 2 years no sleep...

Edited by linadze

• 1 month later...

a few years ago i would have chosen oblivion. i don't know if fallout 4 fits in that category but if it does my modded fo4 currently wears the crown but with a restriction:

the cc expansion. with its forced updates while urging additional and needless skse and mod updates and blocking diskspace it is nothing else as an annoyance! if betheda don't stop hindering free modding with stupid approaches like a needless cc expansion mods shopping instead of offering real dlc it will be my last betheseda game! a setup rollback and not working skse just because of endless and sometimes buggy cc updates ? this is a no go!

Tides of Numenara has become my new favorite and almost rivaling how much I enjoyed Baldur's Gate II.