Tips on the Creation Kit

Makri14

Hello there.

I have been messing with the Creation kit for Fallout 4 for a few months now, and I still don't know how to use everything yet. (As certain things doesn't have a tutorial)

I currently want to know how to place out the skeletons on a map/interior cell, since they look empty without any corpses.

(Gotta have the dead here)

Some general tips would be nice too. If anyone knows how, please give me a message/reply, and I would be grateful for the help.

I can only get this far...

I'm not 100% positive as I've never placed skeletons using CK but my guess is that you use the Havok button to apply gravity to the skeleton so it will collapse naturally. This will however apply to all moveable statics in your cell (I think, never actually used it). Eh maybe someone smarter than me will answer.

I'm not 100% positive as I've never placed skeletons using CK but my guess is that you use the Havok button to apply gravity to the skeleton so it will collapse naturally. This will however apply to all moveable statics in your cell (I think, never actually used it). Eh maybe someone smarter than me will answer.

No, just the currently selected reference.

damanding is right about using the havok button on the skeleton.

Place them as you did in your screen with the havok button off

select them and toggle the havok button and they will fall into some position. (This can take some trial and error.)

Once place you can use Alt + Click/Drag to try to position the arms and legs, (I have limited success with this and have found it works best if you try to grab the wrists and ankles.)

damanding is right about using the havok button on the skeleton.

Place them as you did in your screen with the havok button off

select them and toggle the havok button and they will fall into some position. (This can take some trial and error.)

Once place you can use Alt + Click/Drag to try to position the arms and legs, (I have limited success with this and have found it works best if you try to grab the wrists and ankles.)

That really helped! Thank you very much <3

While I'm at it, how do you attach an item to them?

the only way I know is to try to place the item with the havok engine off. It doesn't work well though. I have been trying to figure out how Beth originally placed Skeletons and Dead NPC's for some time. They have them in some good positions and they must have not just used the havok engine on them. The Alt drag is helpful but again it's a lot of trial and error.

the only way I know is to try to place the item with the havok engine off. It doesn't work well though. I have been trying to figure out how Beth originally placed Skeletons and Dead NPC's for some time. They have them in some good positions and they must have not just used the havok engine on them. The Alt drag is helpful but again it's a lot of trial and error.

Okay.

Well, thanks for the help anyways. It was really useful <3

Now my map can tell a better story

No, just the currently selected reference.

Handy to know!

I know that this might sound a little stupid, but for me while placing corpses tapping the havoc button, or doing alt and drag, didn't work like it did in the GECK. Instead, I discovered that I also had to check off the "dead" box in the corpse's data window in order for havoc to actually work properly. It was kind of an annoying step that I had to figure out on my own because most people don't deem it necessary to bring up.

Your absolutely correct and I probably should have mentioned the "Start Dead" check box on NPC's but, we where talking about skeletons which are different and are movable statics.

It's also not stupid, I had the same experience when trying to place my first dead NPC, I placed him he wouldn't fall or play dead!!! I was like WTF!! :wallbash: