Rings that allows physical attacks to do elemental damage

abborre

Hello!

A mod that I would find useful would be a mod that added rings which allows your physical attacks to deal elemental damage while wearing them. Why do I simply not enchant my weapons or use the Arcane Fists mod? Becasue my intention is for this to work for my werewolf character when he is in beast form (I'm intending for him to be a kind of wolf-shaman who does elemental damage with his claws). The plan is to transform into beast form and equip the ring with the help of the Werewolf Loot mod to deal elemental damage with my claws. I tried using the Infused Claws werewolf perk added by the Extra Werewolf Perks mod, but it wouldn't work for some reason, and I kinda like this idea better.

What would be even cooler would be if the elemental damage you dealt scaled propperly to your destruction and costed magicka, as if you were casting a spell with each attack, since that would make my magicka pool relevant and useful to me, even in melee, giving you the feeling of being a kind of mage who channels their magic through their weapons/fists. This could be useful for many types of character builds.

So basically what I'd very much hope to se would be either a mod that adds an enchantment to the game which applies to rings, allowing your attacks while wearing the rings to do elemental damage depending on the strength of the enchantment, or a set of rings that do elemental damage depending on your destruction at the cost of magicka, indepenent of your ability to enchant them. In fact, what would be even more perfect would be if this equipable item that allowed physical attacks to have elemental effects did not occupy the ring slot, and wasn't even visible on your character, except from maybe an elemental effect on your hands, and was set such that it couldn't be removed form your inventory, so that it could accompany you almost like a toggle spell, except one that's mananged as a physical item, but now I'm starting to go a bit too overboard I think. The former version would be ideal in my eyes, even if we're just talking about some rings, but whichever one of these ideas any modder takes a liking to or feels sufficiently generous towards me about would be much appreciated.

Thank you for reading and perhaps considering my idea. Of course, if you already know of some mod like this, or at least that could serve a similar purpouse, please let me know.

Edited by abborre

There are rings included in one of the archery overhauls (I can't remember which one) which do exactly what you are asking for bows. I suspect it wouldn't be much work to take a look and create something similar yourself. I believe it's simply an enchantment.

Thanks, I might look into that.

Edit:

I didn't mean to imply I've gotten what I wanted, I may try looking at what he suggested in the Creation Kit if I have no other options, but I hope I'll get to see some better alterantive.

Edited by abborre

You know there's that ring in Dawnguard for vampires ... I think it's called the Ring of Beasts? I've read (but haven't tested to verify) that it increases claw damage while you're in Vampire Lord form. Maybe if you looked at that ring in the Creation Kit, it would give you some ideas of how to create elemental versions of the same thing for Werewolves.

Allright, I'd like to say that I've found something of a solution on my end.

I used the Werewolf Loot mod which allows you to loot stuff and access menus in beast form. You still can't cast spells in beast form, but I combined that with a perk from Perkus Maximus called Spellbinder. The perk gives you a toggle ability with the same name which makes it so that attacking with one hand will produce whatever spell you have in your other hand. With this ability activated, I could equip an unusable spell in my one hand in beast from, and then simply strike with my other hand to cast it. That way I could cast spells in beast form, benefitting form all my destruction perks and with appropriate magicka cost. It looks good, and is acceptably easy to set up.

So for myself, I have no particular need for a mod like this any more.