FO4Edit edit remove deleted question.

silhouett

If you write a mod say called mymod.esp and in it you take an already existing door A and delete it. now say you add door B you create from some base object.

Your not happy with door B so you delete it. you make Door C and are ok with it.

You go in to FO4EDIT and decide to remove the deleted objects.

If you remove them all of them Door A will re-appear ? because its not from your Mod as it is in the ESM and you removed that you deleted it ?

So how do you remove all the deleted objects that only are in your mod but not in a master ?

Edited by silhouett

You need to clarify your question it's a bit confusing but "DO NOT DELETE VANILLA REF's"! It's bad practice and can cause issues with the vanilla game and mods alike!

deleting an edit from your mod in xEdit removes the edit from the mod and not the master.

Example "You deleted Door A" in your mod, (something you should never have done in the first place)

You then open your mod in xEdit and delete the deleted ref,

You've basically restored the door back to vanilla (Cleaning out the Dirty Edit!)

you have to disable deleted references from fo4edit.Better yet never delete anything in the ck,just disable it.

You need to clarify your question it's a bit confusing but "DO NOT DELETE VANILLA REF's"! It's bad practice and can cause issues with the vanilla game and mods alike!

deleting an edit from your mod in xEdit removes the edit from the mod and not the master.

Example "You deleted Door A" in your mod, (something you should never have done in the first place)

You then open your mod in xEdit and delete the deleted ref,

You've basically restored the door back to vanilla (Cleaning out the Dirty Edit!)

I would not delete from the master but my question is first concerning CK , if I delete a chair in a house in CK... then go to FO4EDIT and remove the delete the chair is restored because the delete was makred in my mod. That part I get... If I add a chair in my mod then delete it in my mod in CK then go to FO4EDIT and remove the delete the chair is restored.

how can I in FO4EDIT remove deletes in MY MOD that have nothing to do with the orginal chair say vs a chair I added and deleted ? Does this make sense cause I have used FO4EDIT even in SKYrim with great results but recently I came upon a situation where where I used ck to delete somethings in my mod that were there originally then I added some of my own things and deleted some of my own things etc and the mod was fine... as I never touched the Masters.... But I decided I could clean it up by removing the deleted records of things I added but didnt want and delete. however how can I seperate the deletes that I added from the deletes that were things originally there in CK that I didn't want. In CK nothing is actually deleted as you can find it in FO4EDIT.

In xEdit a record that was originally in the .esm will have a color if you edited it in any way in your .esp. The records you added will be black because they are new records.

Thatnks, anyone know of a script which would be able to look at the deleted records and only remove the ones not in the .original .esm ?