Skyrim.esm and Update.esm automatically uncheck

Andex9

So first of all I want to say that I've never posted anything on the forums before so please don't kill me if this was the wrong place to post for help. Also I'm finnish so my english might not be perfect. I've also searched the internet for similar problems, but nothing seems to quite fit mine. So here I am, making my own post in hopes of finding an answer.

Anyways, here's the situation:

I recently decided to try playing skyrim again and though I'd nuke my skyrim files and deleted everything skyrim related. I uninstalled the game and everything was fine. I redownloaded the game from steam and also redownloaded NMM (0.62.1).
So currently I have a vanilla game with absolutely no mods installed and the newest NMM (note that I do not have the Skyrim Script Extender installed), but here's the problem:

When I open NMM I see Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dragonborn.esm, HearthFires.esm and Dawnguard.esm plugins all checked and looking good. Ok, so now I open skyrim from the "Launch Skyrim" button and the standard skyrim launcher opens. When I click on and open the "Data files" tab I see Dragonborn.esm, HearthFires.esm and Dawnguard.esm there, checked and looking normal. I'm pretty sure Skyrim.esm and Update.esm are not supposed to show up on that so I'm not worried about that. However when I close the "Data files" tab and return back to the start of the launcher the Skyrim.esm and Update.esm instantly uncheck on the NMM plugins screen and Update.esm, Dragonborn.esm, Hearthfires.esm and Dawnguard.esm turn orange. I'm pretty sure they turn orange because their master(s) Skyrim.esm (and Update.esm) is disabled.

Now I'm not sure what the orange colour means or does, maybe the plugins are disabled or something. I can still play the game just fine and all, but I still think this is not supposed to happen and I'd like to have it fixed. I'm planning on modding the game, but since this is happening I can't be sure if the mods will even work. The first time I used NMM (Before nuking the skyrim files) everything worked like a dream and I modded the hell out of it. Now I'm having this problem and I want to have it solved before starting to download huge files just to find them not working.

If anyone has had this problem before and fixed it, please tell me what to do. Or if you just know alot about these things please help me, I'm starting to think I can't mod my game anymore without having to worry about this anomaly.

Here's pictures of what's happening: http://imgur.com/a/LFEZv

I really hope someone can help me get my stuff working properly again..

To quote the Hitchhiker Guide to the Galaxy

Don't Panic

Nothing is wrong

Skyrim & Update are always Forced Selected & non optional

Have a Nice Day

More Info:

You can select Skyrim & Update in Tool Editor (Creation Kit, TES5Edit, etc etc) But not with the game.

They are both Forced Loaded always. No Exception! No Options!

To quote the Hitchhiker Guide to the Galaxy

Don't Panic

Nothing is wrong

Skyrim & Update are always Forced Selected & non optional

Have a Nice Day

More Info:

You can select Skyrim & Update in Tool Editor (Creation Kit, TES5Edit, etc etc) But not with the game.

They are both Forced Loaded always. No Exception! No Options!

Really? The fact that all the other plugins are orange doesn't matter?

Then I guess that's good news for me!

Thank you for the fast reply, really helps :)

• 2 years later...