Purple/pink glitch (eyes, terrain and sky)

SleepyDoll1

Or, I suppose, you could re-install STEP.

Some of the components in STEP have overwritten other things, either from Vanilla or from Mods.

If you then removed STEP manually without a mod manager to revert your changes, you can end up with missing textures and meshes.

Vanilla meshes and textures are usually in BSA files so should not be affected. Mods can have BSA or Loose files (separate meshes and textures not packed in a BSA).

BSA files will probably take priority based on Load Order.

Loose files take priority over BSA files.

Loose files will actually physically (or is it electronically? Or magnetically?) overwrite other Loose files with the same name.

So, Loose files from Mod A will take priority over Vanilla meshes and textures in BSAs, but Loose files from Mod B can overwrite Loose files in Mod A. Then, some Loose files in Mod C can overwrite some Loose files in both Mod B and Mod A.

So if you manually remove Mod C, you do not revert to Mod B. You revert to Mod A and Mod B, minus any files that were overwritten by Mod C.

So you would have to reinstall Mod A and Mod B in the correct order. And also think about anything that may have been overwritten by Mod D, E, F, G etc.

I do not use many texture mods. Mostly Wilderness Survival types of things.

But I think managing multiple texture mods is one of the few things for which a good mod manager might actually be worth using.

But I keep a back up of Vanilla Skyrim, plus Vanilla Skyrim esms cleaned with TES5Edit, and a back up of almost every mod I ever downloaded and do everything manually.

>:8o

bummer

"Some of the components in STEP have overwritten other things, either from Vanilla or from Mods."

I should probably have said that some of the components in STEP have probably overwritten other things, which is why when removing STEP there are missing textures and meshes. It's the most likely cause, if there are meshes and textures missing.

Another possibility is that an ENB or something has it's settings all whack, but I never use ENB, either. That image looks like it has some crazy flare/bloom effect, but I don't really mess much with graphics.

It's difficult to diagnose things long distance, but a complete load order from before and after the problem would help.

:sad:

I use cinemascope as an ENB

and yes, the bloom suddenly sky rocketed since this glitch for some reason

I'm gonna be honest, I don't know much about mod stuff in general, I'm below the rank of a noob (I just follow instructions on the mod page), so where exactly to find the load order of 200+ mods and the backups?

and if all else fails, would everything be back to normal if I just reinstall the game and activate all the mods again?