Shields Don't Use Heavy Or Light (Read Description)

JamesonBarringtonpenny

I've encountered in my new playthrough the biggest issue with using Light Armor: All the good shields are Heavy. The thought came to mind that, since Shields all naturally fall under two categories in Skill - Heavy/Light and Block - maybe it would make sense for a mod to unify the shield types into one seperate thing? So, instead of a shield being marked as Heavy or Light, it's just a shield. Like. Shield. It doesn't need clarification between Heavy and Light. And I feel like this could probably be done through scripts so individual items don't need to be modified.

What I'm asking for, TL;DR, is a mod that marks all items flagged as 'Shield' as the armor class 'Shield' so it does nothing to skills and stuff. Pretty please. Pretty pretty please.

Because a heavy shield slows you down, and would use the wrong skill. It wouldn't be so hard to do by grabbing all items marked with the Equip Type of SHIELD and changing the Weight(type not value) to NONE. If I knew how to use Papyrus, I'd totally do it myself. I second this request, and throw in "Make it's defense value based upon the level of the Shield Wall perk.