Trying to modify Fusion Cells, and I can get the mod to work in concept. Needs a lot of polish, and a new keyword.

Fusion Cores show their total charge thanks to the keyword isPowerArmorBattery, which makes sense. However, being not savvy with the Creation Kit, I am not sure where these keywords are stored or how they are handled by the game. The goal is to duplicate the keyword and remove the properties that make the object usable in Power Armor. This in theory should allow the item to hold a "charge", but remove it from being associated with power armor.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, finding the keyword is not the problem though.

What I think I need to do is mimic the "isPowerarmorBattery" keyword or make a new one with the exact same function.

Making a new keyword and how they work is what I have not managed to figure out.

Copying and just renaming "isPowerarmorBattery" to something like "isGatlingLaserBattery" should hopefully be enough as long as I learn how.

Just using the existing keyword makes the game treat it as a Fusion Core that can get loaded into a PAframe as OP says which also makes it get used automatically when the PAframe runs dry.

Having my EC packs for the Gatling Laser get used (and for some reason converted to Fusion Cores) when they get drawn from my inventory for the PAframe is what I would like to fix.

I get the question now! Sorry!

I wasn't on my gaming PC when I respond the first time and when I was I went to try to create a custom workbench for my new Player home settlement. I wanted to simply (or so I thought) remove the light menu from the power menu. (so people would be able to place new lights mucking up the lighting I have in place because doing so looks really bad!)

Sounds easy,

1. create a new keyword for a custom lighting menu for use only with my custom workbench, (So not to edit any vanilla ones)
  2. create a new form list removing the lighting menu
  3. attach the new form list to the proper keyword (This is where it all fell apart)

Sorry I still have no clue where to go. Are they hard coded? I looked for a script but none of the workshop scripts seemed to deal with it.

If I follow, you want to make a different ammunition than the Fusion Core, work like the Fusion Core in things like the Gatling Laser?

What you do is set the health parameter on the ammo record. The way I understand this value is that when equipped into the weapon, that's how many shots you'll get. I've not tested having higher values than the weapon record's "capacity" value but having lower gives you however many shots as the item has health.

Then set/remove keyword(s) as needed. Basically just make the keyword list be ObjectTypeAmmo [KYWD:000F4AE8]. Unless you have others you desire.

You'll need to update the weapon to use the right ammo type. If you want to leave it using Fusion Core's as default and then make a mod to change the ammo type you can do that. Note: If you change the default ammo type, you should also change/edit the leveled list in the LNAM sub record of the weapon for the NPC Add Ammo List. Otherwise when the item is first given you will get the wrong ammo type.

Setting the health on the ammo is one of the first things I tried, and is also what I've been using until I figure this keyword-duplication stuff out.

This does not show the charge on the EC-Pack in your inventory though as it does with the Fusion Cores.

Setting the health on the ammo is one of the first things I tried, and is also what I've been using until I figure this keyword-duplication stuff out.

This does not show the charge on the EC-Pack in your inventory though as it does with the Fusion Cores.

That's strange. It did for my test.

*Edit: Gah woops. I had left the isPowerArmorBattery keyword on it. <facepalm>

Edited by BigAndFlabby