Unlocked grip & player lighting -torches and lanterns

odetoio

If you're playing the game with a more realistic approach to lighting, that is underground areas can be pitch black for example, some sort of lighting is an absolutely essential. I tried wearable lanterns but didn't like the idea of hanging a lantern off my butt, granted I guess a glow bug lantern works? Definitely, not negatively criticizing Chesko's contributions, wearable lanterns is just not for me.

My first character is using Greatswords and Bows. A big barbarian type dude should be able to cautiously walk through a cavern holding his sword in one hand and a torch in another. This would look even better with PCEA2 -resting the two handed weapon on his shoulder with the addition of holding a torch. Once combat starts he switches to two handed and drops the torch, perfect! ...almost.

I'm using Unlocked Grip and SM Drop Lit Torches to do this and it work not bad. Although there is too much of a delay when switch grip styles as currently it will sheath the weapon and then unsheathe it as a two handed. It would be super cool if someone could utilize the greatsword resting animation from PCEA2 and/or possibly make an additional animation to switch between the two. (And make the technical aspects work!)

For sure there's issues with Unlocked Grip as documented on the mod page. Re-sheathing your two handed while in one handed mode will mess up the quick menu equipping should you try to switch to a favorite one-handed weapon or dual wield combo prior to sheathing the two handed as a two handed weapon. For my first play through not an issue but I noticed it while setting up and testing my mod list.

(Also using dual wield parrying for when I have the two handed equipped as a one handed weapon type and holding a torch.)

In hindsight I guess I'm asking for further development of Unlocked Grip, but at least there's a combination of existing mods being used here some may have not thought to try.

Thanks!