How to Find Base ID from refID?

nguyenlong311

Anyone Know how to find Base ID from reference ID (from console click the item)

I spent 4 days googled how to find several items like the real book shelf that I can stack books (not bookcase)

and the Flower vases , and Candle but i ran into craps.

If I have to use a tool what program will help me find the IDs,

I've been using the console and it seems so easy but the help is so limited.

Thanks for any feedback .

so I found the Answer from last 3 weeks. This is my Feedback

Welcome to Skyrim Sim .

HOW TO FIND SKYRIM REFERENCE ID?

HOW TO FIND SKYRIM BASE ID FROM REFERENCE ID?

HOW TO PLACE SKYRIM ITEMS?

HOW TO MOVE SKYRIM ITEMS?

HOW TO CHANGE ANGLES IN SKYRIM?

HOW TO DELETE AN ITEM FROM SKYRIM?

HOW TO PLACE A WALL IN SKYRIM?

HOW TO PLACE A FLOOR IN SKYRIM?

!!!!!!=======================================================================================!!!!!

HOW DO I FIND THIS ID? HOW DO I FIND THIS ID? HOW DO I FIND THIS ID? HOW DO I FIND THIS ID? HOW DO I FIND THIS ID?

WHAT IS THIS ID? WHAT IS THIS ID? WHAT IS THIS ID? WHAT IS THIS ID? WHAT IS THIS ID? WHAT IS THIS ID? WHAT IS THIS ID?

MUST GET FNVEdit!!! MUST GET FNVEdit!!!MUST GET FNVEdit!!!MUST GET FNVEdit!!!MUST GET FNVEdit!!!MUST GET FNVEdit!!!

HAVE TO DOWNLOAD FNVEDIT!!! HAVE TO DOWNLOAD FNVEDIT!!!HAVE TO DOWNLOAD FNVEDIT!!!HAVE TO DOWNLOAD FNVEDIT!!!

MUST MUST MUST< NEED NEED NEED<SHOULD SHOULD SHOULD.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34703#content

You "HAVE TO" MUST MUST MUST " Download FNVEdit .

U Need to follow special instruction to setup FNVEDIT if U dont have FalloutVegas,

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/477049-renovate-your-house-with-console/page__st__270

Once you have it setup correctly, you should see the Skyrim ESM just load it and it will takes from 5 minutes to 10 minutes. and Millions of Errors

on the page to the right, BUT IT"S NORMAL. Slow machine and Machine w/ less RAM than 2gb might lock up.

====================================================================================================

Benefit of using FNVEdit is that: IT Save hundred of hours looking for things you want. and waiting for answers from forum.

Load FNVEdit first cause it's a pain to get it load. Don't click anything while it's loading, just go to spongebob.com.

HOW TO FIND SKYRIM REFERENCE ID? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Go into Skyrim Game,

-Find Things that you want.

-Click ~ to pop up console windows

-Click on Things that you want

-it will display refID (0003cd4e or FF0038c...etc)

HOW TO FIND SKYRIM BASE ID FROM REFERENCE ID?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Alt Tab out to FNVEdit

-Plug that number into the FORM ID Search field in FNVEdit

-wait for 3-10 seconds for the search and voila it's on the rightside window w/ the Base ID.

HOW TO PLACE SKYRIM ITEMS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How to place something?

player.placeatme is a very quick, easy, and CRAPPY command for Lazy quick, crooked, things below your feet.

I rarely use it.

How to Place something correctly? Yes Correctly I said.

-hit ~

-Click on the Wall or floor near your desired spot. (you can click on an item like table, carpet, or pottery but it rarelywork right)

-type placeatme 0003dc2d (this is your BASEID)

-It will spawn the item on the wall or middle of the floor.

HOW TO MOVE SKYRIM ITEMS? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Move it to the right spot?

-hit~

-Type Getpos z >> you should get "Getpos: Z >> 123.45 (Z is moving up and down)

-Type Setpos z 125 (you'll see it move up or down then go on from there )

same for X and Y

-Type Getpos Y >> then setpos Y to move left and right,

-Type getpos X >> then setpos X to move back and forth.

HOW TO CHANGE ANGLES IN SKYRIM? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crap it's Crooked? not my angle? it's Leaning oakward!!

-hit ~

-type getangle Z >> Getangle Z: 123.45

-type setangle Z 100 (to see the angle you want. Plug in Large number diferences of 45 or 90 to see real progress)

- same for X and Y

-getangle x then setangle x

-getangle y then setangle y

(it wont take effect right away, have to run out and back in)

Why is this thing Too Big, can I make it smaller, or way too small.

-Type getscale >> usually 1.00

-type setscale 1.2 it will increase, setscale .8 will decrease. 1.05 will be like 1.00, and 1.07 will be like 2.00

if you're too short you can click on you and setscale to 1.1 to make you taller than Lydia.

*Many Items doesn't change Angle right away. YOU have to zone out and zone in for the house to reload to take effect.

*you can try to click the item type disable then enable to take effect but it doesn't always work

HOW TO DELETE AN ITEM FROM SKYRIM?

-hit ~

-click item you want to delete (it will show reference ID)

-type disable for quick delete ( doesn't always work)

-type markfordelete (work everytime)

*Crap I just place a workbench table and the activation is not where the bench is >> just get out and get in the house.

*Crap I can't click the thing you want. type TFC to getinto flymod and fly around through things and click it.

HOW TO PLACE A WALL IN SKYRIM? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW TO PLACE A FLOOR IN SKYRIM?

Crap place the wall and floor is a pain!!

*Trick. Click on the Wall near by in same angle and type placeatme 0001234 to place at it. Then move it. w/ X or Y position. if making basement use Z position to move up or down. (if it say cannot be move, it's b/c the base item got protected just delete the original from clicking it and type disable)

*Same for floor just stand on a floor click on it and placeatme 0001234 (floor u want.) then move it to spot u want. using setpos X or Y

*Disable doesn't remove item all the time, Use Markfordelete and run out and run in.

* Crap there is Invisible Wall I can't walk to that spot. You forgot to run outside and backin you Had the wall there earlier and it's blocking you. you have to rezone to take effect.

!!!!!! Remember to SAVE SAVE SAVE before making anychanges. Quick Save is F5, Quick Load is F9 .

=========================================================

I still finding more info about WEAPON RACK, Can't place the Activation correctly yet. don't know how.

And same for Bookshelf, my acti for bookshelf is 0 and can't place anything.

Can't place Mannequin at the right spot.

anyone know anything plz give me a hint on these 3. thanks a bunch.

Edited by nguyenlong311

I know skyrim has a strong console "help" command (enter the object's actual name or part of it and a filter number, I'm not sure what are those numbers but 0=all). It should be something like:

help "dragon bones" 0 --- this should return all occurrences of dragon bones in the game, among them should be the item with the base ID. same for Actors, like

help Lydia 0 should return her base ID (albeit for the enable command you'd need the refid and almost certainly would not have her to click) :)

There is no way to directly get the baseID from the refid using the console, AFAIK.

PS: try searching the filter numbers meaning, this may help making the lists smaller.

Edited by nosisab

I know skyrim has a strong console "help" command (enter the object's actual name or part of it and a filter number, I'm not sure what are those numbers but 0=all). It should be something like:

help "dragon bones" 0

There is no way to directly get the baseID from the refid using the consolo AFAIK.

Na, I did all the Help and it doesn't help, I moded all of my house and added bed, tables, bench, chests, forge, anvil, bags, end table, chair ..etc, but I can't find the base ID for many things I want to add,

Like weapon rack, The shelves, Bookshelf, Candle, Vases that I could put trees or flowers on top and mannequin =) . And the Help doesnt help.

I spent 4 days Modded so plz if anyone know any program that could help me get the baseID plz let me know. Thanks a bunch.

Edited by nguyenlong311

Hallo @ all & greetings from Germany,

first excuse my bad english.

I had the same problem since Oblivion. With Skyrim i use FNVEdit 0.321. If you want to find the BaseID of a RefID that dont start with ff... but with 00.... then jou can find the BaseID by searching for the RefID in FNVEdit.

Normally you will find the RefID under "PlacedObjects" or PlacedNPCs". If you find it, FNVEdit will show you beside other Information the BaseID of the object.

For using FNVEdit in Skyrim you have to edit the Registry in:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\FalloutNV]

The Entry:

"Installed Path"=..."

must be chanced with your Skyrim path

This is for x64 Windows. For x86 search for "Bethesda Softworks" in Registry.

If you dont have FNV, just add a new entry "FalloutNV" besides the "Skyrim" enty.

Or just duplicate the Skyrim entry and rename it to "FalloutNV".

I hope you can understand what i mean. Good luck & happy moding. :biggrin:

Edited by Black Widowmaker

..., then look up the "name"

Not every RefID have a name in Skyrim. And not every name in Skyrim is the same as in the editors. For example a search for "Barenziah Stone" or simply "Barenziah" in TESsnip will have no results. The full name in Skyrim ist not part of the "Skyrim.esm", so it will not be shown by TESsnip or FNVEdit. It is part of the localized "Strings"-files jou found in "interface.bsa".

If you unpack "Interface.bsa" jou will find full name strings in "Data\Strings\skyrim_english.strings" for english version of Skyrim.

PS: Please forgive my bad english.

Edited by Black Widowmaker