console command giving me weird texts

Simonz93

I typed "player.additem 06030efc 4" to give myself 4 nuka-love, and the commands for the other new nuka colas (06 being the nuka world load order). But each time after typing the command, I get a huge block of texts with only 2 variants "Perk rank >>0 and perk rank >> 1".

The console commands all worked and I got my colas. But I'm worried that the commands messed up something (though that hasn't been apparent). But right now I'm hesitating to continue playing this save since I'm concerned that it might be messed up, since normally adding ammo or other materials through console never showed me these weird texts.

Hopefully someone can answer the above. Thank you ^^

I get that from time to time, and has never been problem for myself.

oh ok, glad i'm not the only one.

But i still fear that this might be a symptoms of some underlying problems that may not manifest themselves in the short-runs, but could come back and bite you later on and ruin the whole save file. So I really want to know what's the nature of this sooner than later.

AFAIK Those "has perk rank x" messages are generally caused by the fact that certain items in game are "usually" only received after performing or reaching certain events or actions in game. So the character is awarded a "perk" to signify that they have completed those requirements. For instance completing a quest which rewards you a recipe for a certain item, will award you a perk = "can craft item x" that way the game doesn't have to check whether you have completed x event just whether you have x perk.

Using the console to spawn those items means the game also has to award you the perk to go with them. I've haven't (yet) found any cases where it cause any harm whatsoever to the gameplay though.

Perraine is correct. That's the not the only thing that can be displayed either. The console command system exists soley for debugging, so that display was designed to show, if necessary, what the function is doing after use. You might see checks like GetLevel, or GetInFaction, etc.