Fallout 4 LooksMenu Presets not working

DieVersiti

*FIXED* Have latest Game Version/ Latest F4SE... Key : Open Game Always Using F4SE Launcher and Never Any Other Way... :laugh:

To use the thing... On your player ... Simply "~" console type "slm player 1"... enter

To use the thing on your companions or any character... Simply "~" open console while looking at the character you wish to modify.. Click on them and an ID will pop up.. like Piper for instance 2f1f...

At which point you would type "slm "2f1f" 1" enter.. Done :cool:

without the beginning quotes... It would look like this : slm "2f1f" 1 OR slm player 1 (ENTER)

If the Presets function is greyed out, that usually means a wrong version. Go into your Fallout4 game folder and make sure you don't have any "junk" files from older versions of F4SE. For the current version, the only files you need are:

f4se_1_8_7.dll

f4se_loader.exe

f4se_steam_loader.dll

Any other "f4se" files should be deleted.

Then go into .....steamapps\common\Fallout4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\ and verify that f4ee.dll and f4ee.ini are there.

Lastly, go to ......steamapps\common\Fallout4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Presets\ and make sure all your presets (.json files) are there.

chris you lied to me i did every thing you told me and it steel did not work pls let me now if there is any other way

• 5 weeks later...

I'm also having this problem. I have all of the other features of LooksMenu working in game but the presets tab is empty.

I think my problem may be that I do not have the .....steamapps\common\Fallout4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\ folder anywhere. (By that I mean there is no F4SE folder in my Fallout4 Data folder. So also no F4EE or Presets folders.)

Should I manually create those folders and place the presets inside?

I'm also having this problem. I have all of the other features of LooksMenu working in game but the presets tab is empty.

I think my problem may be that I do not have the .....steamapps\common\Fallout4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\ folder anywhere. (By that I mean there is no F4SE folder in my Fallout4 Data folder. So also no F4EE or Presets folders.)

Should I manually create those folders and place the presets inside?

I checked my folder and I have all these files. theres some type of miscommunication between this mod and f4se for some reason. its driving me nuts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey Guys, not sure if u guys are still looking for a fix for this, but I fixed it. I was struggling with this for a while, but its easier to fix than u think.

All I did was click the "Uninstall" button in Vortex or whatever Mod Manger program you have, than I simply hit "Reinstall" and enabled it, and it worked.

Don't forget you also have to properly download the F4SE in your game drive also.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I know this string is old af but I was having the above problem and none of the fixes worked. what I did was manually DL a ready install preset here is one and unpack it and put the json in the preset folder and then add it, do not drag and drop use option in your mod app, and then repack it(right click mod data folder and save/add to archive and make sure to change name so its not data).

• 1 year later...

My issues with presets were (mostly) solved by adjusting load order, I haven't read this thread entirely, but I have had presets made unavailable before and wanted to share what my experience was.

Ok, there are 2 threads.......BOTH threads give you the WRONG FOLDER to put yer files in. The CORRECT folder is thus:

Data/F4SE/Plugins/F4EE/Presets

Now then.......The latest version of F4SE is v10, not 8.......

I have the latest version of Looksmenu, Compundum, & F4SE. My problem is that the preset folder is not greyed out, it just refuses to show at all.

It worked just fine in previous builds, but not this one.

So what did I do different in this build? I installed the base game, but did NOT run it before modding it up. I'm thinking that this is key to getting mods working. Why? Because I just now looked at the base game, and under "options" there is no list of my mods & there SHOULD be!

So here's what I'm gonna do.......I'm gonna delete my entire Fallout 4 folder & reinstall from STEAM.

BEFORE I LOG INTO VORTEX.......BEFORE INSTALLING ANY MODS.......

........I'm gonna run the game from it's EXE file.

Then, I'll use the F4SE link after that.

If my theory is correct, all mods should work, because the base game now "recognizes" them.

....Somehow.

LOL.

If I can find this thread again, I'll let ya know if it worked.

Wish me luck!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by VonHelton