Teeny Bops on Skyrim Nexus

clintmich

However, after reading through the comments in this forum, members like myself should apparently not comment, or ask questions for any mod, because feedback, even when coming from a place of support and appreciation, can sound like "pure trolling" or "sugarcoated" trolling. Somehow, that idea makes me sad and cheapens the entire concept of the nexus community.

I can only say you're wrong in this assumption. Such perceived-but-not-intended "trolling" rarely ever gets banned. In most cases it's the tone someone's using rather than the message brought across which got the user banned for trolling.

Read up the "banned users" posts where moderators provide evidence and cause for why a user got banned. You will not find a single one getting rid of wasn't for the best.

I'd actually call posts such as this "fear mongering"... if I was to use such expressions that is. If it wasn't for the feedback I received on my first WIP screenshots asking me to release my stuff, I'd never have come to the actively releasing side of the community to begin with. As soon as there won't be any feedback at all anymore, there won't be any of my mods released to the public either. I for one welcome any kind of feedback I receive, for this is the only cause for my mods being hosted here. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. So, could people please stop making others "afraid" of commenting in general for not to risk getting banned? :confused:

(On a sidenote, it takes far more than breaking every single rule of the Nexus TOS to even remotely offend me or hurt my feelings the slightest. Not all modders are that way, sure, but not all are the other extreme either.)

its not fear of being banned that made me post here, nor was it an assumption. It is the realization that many of the comments I've made to modders could be misconstrued as something other than support.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a non-modder,

Intruder alert! We've been infiltrated, Nexus base is compromised!

Nah, I get the same thing . It's just not worth it as the commenter, it sucks that the few might be spoiling it for the likes of Drake the Dragon, it is the way of things.

Basically I never give any advise or help unless it is solicited now. Especially in the file comments section, precisely because people take themselves too seriously, and even if you just state facts and actually offer solutions or information, they may or may not bite your head off for it. If you aren't making a point to ride their balls and worshipping their leet mod skillz many don't seem to want to know. if you even got me commenting on your mod, that's a sign I actually respected your work to begin with. If I get a face full of BS for it, I just note them down in the mental douche list and move on. Any time I need to write daedric runes on something in a mod, I usually write some petty nonsense about these peeps, might go <insert modder name> plays tummy sticks with little boys' splashed all down a deadric longsword. Maybe I should grow up :cool:

saying that, I like feedback. I personally have little use of 'your mod is awesome/sucks' type comments. I'm currently addressing some feedback I agree with atm, and it's no easy addressing...

Edited by Ghogiel

its not fear of being banned that made me post here, nor was it an assumption. It is the realization that many of the comments I've made to modders could be misconstrued as something other than support.

They're welcome to misconstrue comments however they darn well wish. It's like this...

Any time a comment is reported we have a snapshot of that comment, then we have whatever information is included with the report. In addition to this, we look at both the mod in question, the comments made before and after, and anything else that user has posted. If the comment is not insulting, being overly negative about the mod, or generally coming off some sort of self-important drivel, we usually ignore or just remove the comment, commenting the thread or cleaning it of anything else the author does not care to have on their mod feedback. Although it's usually about letting authors decide what they do or do not want in their comments, we don't blindly just work through reports regardless of what might have been said.

There have been a number of negative comments that I've had a hard time disagreeing with that weren't just the usual opinionated "this mod sucks" that I've left in place because I felt that they were honest about the mod and were able to do so without insulting the author. So long as the mod author isn't the one who requested these to be removed, I usually leave such comments as they are. I've also removed comments and banned people when they said something I generally agreed with, but choose to do so by insulting the author or being rude about how they described problems.

It's not just what you say, but how you say it. It's fine if you tell someone that their mod broke your game or isn't working as it should as long as you back this up by mentioning what exactly the problem was, what it was related to, and can do so respectfully. The problem is that usually it's just a "Your mod is a piece of s*** that broke my game, I hope you f***ing die!!!11!" without anything describing the actual problem, and going out of their way to to be as rude as possible without saying anything of value*.

*and then they send a ban appeal saying that they must have been banned in error because they didn't do anything wrong :facepalm: . About half of our daily bans come from people who suffer from posting amnesia, it's almost like an epidemic.