SoZ party roster on OC and MoTB

pumpprodigy

So it seems the makeover mods simply do not fully work if you have the game from Steam, and I am trying to figure out just why that is still, but what I really care about is just replacing the OC and MoTB roster with the SoZ one and thus - allowing user made party members to form a team.
Does anyone know what files need to be changed or what else needs to be done or overwritten to do this?

Thanks in advance.

If I recall, the makeovers recommend installing them directly into the program folder, in your case being the NWN2 folder within your Steam games location. I don't know if Steam is checking for modified files and reverting them to the official versions when you run the game or not. Or are you installing them to the usual mod location in your Documents folder?

If I recall, the makeovers recommend installing them directly into the program folder, in your case being the NWN2 folder within your Steam games location. I don't know if Steam is checking for modified files and reverting them to the official versions when you run the game or not. Or are you installing them to the usual mod location in your Documents folder?

Ive made a backup of NWN2 so I can keep reverting, but no matter how I install it, the SoZ roster will not work. However, simply being in the override folder - even without replacing many of the files, much of the mod still works. I find this quite interesting.

I have been installing and altering everything in the main install directory that is steamapps > common > NWN2.

The other thing that does not work from his mod is the addition of the button added to the menu in the bottom left. While I can command prompt a roster to appear, its always the core roster and not the SoZ one, so without that button, I cant seem to access the SoZ roster at all.

Any ideas?

I haven't used the makeovers myself, but I have experience with the way the SoZ party editor works because I used it in my campaign as well. It doesn't replace the OC party roster, but works alongside it, so activating the roster (as opposed to the party editor) will always activate the OC roster, whether the makeover is installed or not. Does the makeover add any party registry books to the inns, or is the only option to use the menu? If there are books, it would be easier to troubleshoot.

I guess a corollary question would be does the party editor work when you actually start SoZ?

Edited by Tchos

• 2 weeks later...

The Makeover is fully compatible with the platinum version sold on steam as well as the complete version sold on GOG. I know because I have purchased and tested on every variant of NWN2 that there is for both Windows and Mac.

On Steam NWN2 Platinum Edition on Windows 10 by default the "Neverwinter Nights 2 Campaign" folder that you install the Makeover into is located in Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Neverwinter Nights 2. Within the "Neverwinter Nights 2" folder there are three sub-folders, one for the OC named "Neverwinter Nights 2 Campaign", one for expansion 1 (MotB named Neverwinter Nights Campaign_X1), and one for expansion 2 (SoZ named Neverwinter Nights 2 Campaign_X2). First make a compressed copy of the "Neverwinter Nights 2 Campaign" folder in case you decide to restore to the original version (DO NOT COPY AND RENAME THE FOLDER, MAKE A COMPRESSED COPY).

In the Makeover instructions it says to copy the files from the "Put content in Campaign folder" into that folder named "Neverwinter Nights 2 Campaign". Then copy the files from "Put content in campaign UI folder" into the Neverwinter Nights 2 Campaign / UI folder. In each case you should replace the files when copying. NOTE: Copy the contents of the folders, not the "Put content in..." folders themselves.

After that when you start NWN2 you will have the option of starting a new campaign and the campaign title will show NWN2 OC Makeover Edition. In the player menu, which is accessible when playing by clicking on the big eye in the lower left corner you will see that under the Player List option there is now a Party Editor option. It is the Party Editor option that allows you to edit your party.

I have the Steam version myself and I had no problem with this. If you still have a problem then you should make sure that you do not have anything in either of the override folders. The one Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Neverwinter Nights 2 > Override should ALWAYS be empty. The one Documents > Neverwinter Nights 2 > override is normally where you install custom content. If you have something installed there that also alters the playmenu that that will override the Makeover version.

Hope this helps you out.

862-3-1388272742.jpg