XCom: Ascension

Dethraker

Hello Commanders!

Myself and AzXeus have been modding XCom EU/EW for quite some time on our own and have participated in these forums off and on, though not nearly as much as some of you. We wanted to share a project that we've started working on to push things even farther with modding in the game, yesterday we uploaded a preview for the overhaul that we've been working on for the last few months.

http://www.nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/690?

Currently what can be seen in game doesn't come close to the amount of work we've been putting into the mod in the background. The in game changes include:

• New Mercenary Hire system
  • New Mercenary Class
  • New Perks, we managed to get past the hardcoded limit of 172 that Long War struggled with
  • Adjusted Weapon Stat Values
  • New Range Indicator, due to the adjustments we made to weapon ranges
  • New Ammunition specific inventory slot
  • several more minor changes

But what we've done in the background is what we're really proud of, we re-wrote the random stat system and are using it for our Mercenary Class, opened up more things to simple INI edits, and have started writing tutorials for the changes we're working toward inside the corresponding INI files.

Check out the mod and let us know what you think!

http://i.imgur.com/JLVoN8M.png

Congrats on the release of your mod. Some very interesting things you've added. Can we hope to see some articles on things you have learned in the process?

But what isn't clear on the download page is if this is for EU or EW? In your announcement above it appears to be compatible with both. Suggest that clarification on the download page will prevent a lot of repetitive questions.

And while it's interesting to see your plans for the future, just what exactly is implemented in the posted file? What you posted in the announcement above should be on the download page (at the top) as well if you want people to try it out. At the moment the download page looks like it's all plans and no "meat" (i.e. "vaporware"). It would be a shame if a false impression caused people to skip over it.

-Dubious-

Thanks for the input Dubious, you make good points that I'll address as soon as I get the chance. There's more details in the README, but it makes sense to put some on the main page.

Like the Long War mod, soon they're will be too many changes to list on the mod page, but for now it's not too bad.

As far as articles, I'm not the best at tutorials but I'll give it a go sometime soon. I will be doing some videos that go over each change individually though.