New Minutemen Overall Mod - Do I need Permission to post it?

Sakabato

I've recently made a mod(first one ever) with FO4Edit that totally changes the Minutemen gear. Both their weapons and clothing. But it uses several other mods, created by other authors. In order to upload it on Nexus, do I need to ask permission to every single author? Or do I simply need to post a link to their respective mods(which are all needed in order to play this one) in the description? The mods used for the creation of this mod are essentially weapon mods(like : g3, r91, hlgshotguns, etc...) and armor\clothing mods(like : the rebel tex-edits, commonwealth survivalist, wearable backpacks and pouches, etc...).

Thanks in advance

The Terms of Service are quite clear on that:

• Absolutely no copyrighted work is to be used without permission of the original creator. This includes content from other games, from DLCs, music creators or from other file authors. This also includes members from countries that do not recognise copyright laws.
  • All files uploaded must have been created by the uploader or used with permission from the original author of the content. Such permission must be indicated in the Readme text attached to the file and/or on the Description page (or in the Description field for images), and must be obtained in advance, before uploading the file. If you cannot provide proof of consent then your file will be removed and your account is likely to be banned.
  • Always provide appropriate credit to authors who have given you permission to use their content in your files both within the file description and within your file readme, even if said content was published as free to use.

So yes, you absolutely have to ask every author the work of whom you plan to include in your mod for permission or check if they already give permission for reuse on the respective file page. Just linking to their pages or crediting them alone does not equal permission and will not be taken as such.

Like above person wrote, yes you need to check with each author. Some have in their permissions that you can use their assets without asking as long as you credit them. Typically this is something you should do before starting to work on a mod you intend to release, it easily becomes a pain to change such things after the fact.

Another way is to add these mods as required mods to use your mod, and remove their assets.

Like above person wrote, yes you need to check with each author. Some have in their permissions that you can use their assets without asking as long as you credit them. Typically this is something you should do before starting to work on a mod you intend to release, it easily becomes a pain to change such things after the fact.

I started this just for myself, but after finishing it and seeing no problems in the game so far, I thought that some other people might be interested in it and wouldn't hurt to put it out there. One thing I've realised though, is that while I was checking the masters of the mod, I noticed I'm using one that is no longer available on nexus : "The Rebel". There's the edited textured versions, which I also have, but not the original textures : \ How do I contact the original creator then?

Another way is to add these mods as required mods to use your mod, and remove their assets.

Hmm...How do I do that?

Edited by Sakabato

The mod author of The Rebel has been pretty clear on his feelings about his mod. He doesn't want to upload it again due to theft, however he seems to be ok with retextures and I would assume he would be ok with a mod requiring his as a master though obviously you still need to ask his permission. His profile is here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/user/3100441-l0rd0fwar/

As for making esps be masters to your mod, the only way to do that is with FO4Edit. I personally haven't done it and I don't remember the directions well enough to explain it. It's been explained here on the forums more than once though how to make an esp as master.